Replies to this thread:

More by ohyouknow
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 Need advice regarding mom's tourist visa
Keywords associated with this thread

immigration visa
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 06-04-19 9:40 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hi, I'm in a major dilemma and was hoping someone on here had some insight as to how to proceed further.
  1. I moved to the US about 10 years ago and has been here since. My green card came through 6 months ago through my employer.
  2. My dad came to the US some time after I did, overstayed, got his green card and US passport through whatever means, and within that time frame divorced my mom.
  3. My younger sister came after a while also, didn't want to study so went out of status, but later also managed to get her green card.
For obvious reasons (see #2 and #3), my mom has not been able to secure the visitor's visa. Not during my two graduations, and not when my baby was born. While I see where the US Consulate is coming from, my mom is ageing quick and I can't just let her live alone anymore. I was hoping she would be able to come visit every year for a month or two and I could go back for some time. But it's just not looking possible. At this point, the only alternative I see is to give up everything and return to Nepal.

Therefore, I was hoping for any advice in terms of what I might be able to do? Would consulting with a immigration lawyer be helpful? Should I write a letter to the Consulate? Anything else?

Posted on 06-04-19 12:41 PM     [Snapshot: 71]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

If your sister is a green card holder for a while, she could file for citizenship. Once a citizen, she can sponsor your mother for green card. It is probably the most secure way.
Posted on 06-04-19 2:41 PM     [Snapshot: 132]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

The best way is to apply for her permanent resident card. She might have to wait little longer if you or your sister have green card only. It would be much faster if one of you were US citizen.

I don't think reason #2 and #3 have anything to do with her tourist VISA. It is obvious, if your children are residents of the US, there is less chance you will return Nepal.

Don't be emotional and make wrong decision. Best of luck man! 
Last edited: 04-Jun-19 02:45 PM

Posted on 06-05-19 10:08 AM     [Snapshot: 306]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Much appreciate the responses.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
Conservative discussions
हेरेको तिमीलाइ आँखाले हैन।
KP and PK
Who is priyanka karki's mother?
Sajha Poll: When should Nas come back to sajha? If he gets more than 50 votes he should come back by popular demand 🚨🚨🚨
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
The Great Himalayan Cable Car
बोलेरै प्रभाव पार्न सिक्नु छ भने ...
डर लाग्न थालेको छ |
"के खान अमेरिका गएको" भन्नेलाइ सिपोरा गुरुङको यस्तो जवाफ !
Where is Nas ?
Ek jana sathi lai sapat deko firtai didaina vancha k garna milcha?
कसरी सक्ने होला? ४२ स्वास्नी अनि थप प्रेमिकाहरु
Fauci hiding science to promote vaccine business profits
Who is the biggest BULLY?
Fundraising for Cancer victim
धरहरा (ड्रोंनबाट) - झिलिमिली
Final Thoughts - moving on
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters