[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by tom2hank
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Need advice on I-20
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 08-07-14 4:54 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

My sister applied multiple colleges for master with an opportunity for TA, RA, and other assistant ship. She applied for visa and got visa for XYZ university but without TA. She is travelling tomorrow to USA to attend late August orientation with ZYZ university. Luckily, She got a letter today from ABC university stating that she got TA in their university.I want to send her to ABC university whose orientation also begin late August.

What does she need to do to goto ABC university? Can she just ignore XYZ university and show up at ABC university?

Any advice from expert and experienced will be highly appreciated.

Posted on 08-07-14 5:01 PM     [Snapshot: 10]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

She should call xyz univ and tell them she'll be attending abc univ because its giving her TA.
Posted on 08-07-14 5:11 PM     [Snapshot: 19]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

I believe you need to attend the university for which u got visa and then do a transfer. She just can;t show up for other university as her student data is tied to SEVIS which would show her XYZ university. Your XYZ university first need to release you which I believe they can do only after attending for at least 1 semester. Anyhow, you need to contact International Student Center at XYZ univeristy.
Posted on 08-07-14 9:08 PM     [Snapshot: 144]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks for advised.
Posted on 08-07-14 9:53 PM     [Snapshot: 166]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Yup, the xyz university should agree to release her sevis record in which case she would be able to go to ABC university. If not as others said the visa and sevis is both tied to the XYZ university. I know someone that has gone through the similar situation: applied for a school in KS; had relatives in NE; asked school in KS to release her sevis they did and she started going to the school in NE from the get go. Hope this helps and good luck. :)
Posted on 08-08-14 8:14 AM     [Snapshot: 271]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

If XYZ university is able to transfer the sevis record, your sister will be all set to study at abc university. Also, you need to request a sevis release form from abc university and ask xyz university to sign it and submit back to abc university. Talk with xyz university and tell the current situation, and they might able to do it for your sister. Good Luck. I had the similar situation long time back, But, I stayed with xyz university at the end. :)
Posted on 08-08-14 9:24 AM     [Snapshot: 303]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thank you all for your advise. I think, I now know what to tell to my sister.

Jay Nepal

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
Anybody gotten the TPS EAD extension alert notice (i797) thing? online or via post?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters