[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by funtoosh
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 visitor visa
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 05-20-10 11:12 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

My wife got 3 months visitor visa. Is it possible to change visitor to student visa? What should I do to change to student visa? Please explain me in details.
Posted on 05-20-10 2:56 PM     [Snapshot: 35]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Did she let the embassy know that she has this intention to change to student visa? I think, there are some note that they put on the visa stamp, saying you intend to go to student visa.

If not, then it is tough. USCIS would not take it favorably when a visitor tries to change the visa to student in USA itself. It wants any applicant to go through the whole process in their own home country, I think just to make sure you have the integrity to study and learn more in your field. If visitor visaholder tries to do this, the general feeling to USCIS is that there is an intention to immigrate later in future, which they do not prefer.

That's the kind of paradoxes we have to live in this country we call as United States of A. You might stay in here for 10 years in student visa and get married and make babies, but you should never intend to immigrate at least in papers! But my saying may not hold true all the time, some people go through this process without any problems, I am just telling you what I studied at one point of my life.

Posted on 05-21-10 2:03 AM     [Snapshot: 161]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

thanks bennedict.
Posted on 05-21-10 3:46 PM     [Snapshot: 216]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Sorry to ask you, is she in Nepal or in USA already? Because I was talking about the one who is in here already with the visitor visa.

If the case is like that where the visa holder is in USA already, then it might pose some complications like I talked about previously. But, if she is in Nepal and recently got the visitor visa, then, I think it will not be so advisable to change to student visa right away after getting the visitor visa, as it just shows that she is not prepared and she might immigrate with such indecisiveness about which visa to procure. If she has the visitor visa recently, and wanna change it to student, then may be she should give herself some time, forsake plans to travel right away and apply for student visa later on, for next semester may be. I hope that helps, that's my best suggestion, I may be wrong though.


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 365 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
Lets play Antakshari...........
शीर्षक जे पनि हुन सक्छ।
NRN card pros and cons?
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
TPS Re-registration
Democrats are so sure Trump will win
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
What Happened to Dual Citizenship Bill
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
Basnet or Basnyat ??
H1B fraud
nrn citizenship
इन्दिरा जोशीको चिन्ता लौच
Sajha has turned into MAGATs nest
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
सेक्सी कविता - पार्ट २
डलराँ कमाएर ने .रु मा उडांउदा !@#
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
Why always Miss Nepal winner is Newari??
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
राजदरबार हत्या काण्ड बारे....
Mr. Dipak Gyawali-ji Talk is Cheap. US sends $ 200 million to Nepal every year.
Harvard Nepali Students Association Blame Israel for hamas terrorist attacks
TPS Update : Jajarkot earthquake
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters