[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by dd_sh
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 TAX question
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 04-03-07 6:33 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

hey I saw lot of expertise in the sajha, i am also in dilemma how to file my tax return.

I entered in US in January, in the spring 2006, i worked for college food service agent, from where i got my SSN.

Then in summer i went to Ocean city,MD i worked there with giving my SSN

In fall i got job in my university and also paid on my SSN.

Now i dont know how to file for tax refund...

Should i have to file 1040 or 1040 NR or 1040 EZ

Acutally if i file 1040 then it may create problem during my H1b process.

If i file 1040 NR, then as a non resident, i was working off-campus.

So i dont know what to do....

I saw lot of suggestion for similar other post, so looking for help

Thanks in advance
Posted on 04-03-07 8:40 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    
Posted on 04-03-07 9:05 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

GO with 1040 R ,should be no problem.
i suggest you don't go with 1040 NR
Posted on 04-04-07 8:50 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Its making me more confused.
kale bhale kukhurac hor
Posted on 04-04-07 9:04 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

file 1040 ez. and if you'r income is within the threshold then you can get EIC too. Plus you can claim phone excise tax credit for 2006. but you have to disclose every penny you've earned related with you ssn, nomatter how you've earned.
Posted on 04-04-07 10:56 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hey guys, I need to ask few things too. I came to US in spring 2006 and I am on assistantship. I filed 1040 EZ form and unfortunately I owed them additional tax. My total earning was $ 15,000 as per my W2 and I paid $ 1250 exclusively as federal tax for the entire 06 year. It didn't seem normal to me and I talked to financial manager at my department; she says something must be missing and that I should not owe them any tax given my low income and tax I paid for the entire year. But I couldn't figure out anything that I missed to fill in the 1040 EZ form neither could she. The only reason I could come up with was our country not having tax treaty with US makes my taxable income high. Well, I would highly appreicate any input from you guys.
Posted on 04-05-07 9:59 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks for the sugesstion.

Still somebody have any any suggestion. let me know..

Posted on 04-05-07 10:12 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

To whom it may apply:

We had another discussion on the topic on this thread too:

Note: I am not an expert in tax matters
but here a link pertaining to TAX BRACKETS

As far as I have understood,SS and medicare taxes are gone with the wind once paid.
Federal and State are the only ones that you could get refund from if you qualify.
And I think you can never get more refund than you have paid in fed+state taxes for the tax year in question.

Please correct my assumptions wherever they apply.

Posted on 04-05-07 5:55 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
डीभी परेन भने खुसि हुनु होस् ! अमेरिकामाधेरै का श्रीमती अर्कैसँग पोइला गएका छन् !
शीर्षक जे पनि हुन सक्छ।
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
Sajha Poll: नेपालका सबैभन्दा आकर्षक महिला को हुन्?
NRN card pros and cons?
Basnet or Basnyat ??
निगुरो थाहा छ ??
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
TPS Re-registration
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
अमेरिकामा छोरा हराएको सूचना
Anybody gotten the TPS EAD extension alert notice (i797) thing? online or via post?
nrn citizenship
Drawback for applying NRN card
Democrats are so sure Trump will win
Breathe in. Breathe out.
ढ्याउ गर्दा दसैँको खसी गनाउच
अमेरिकामा बस्ने प्राय जस्तो नेपालीहरु सबै मध्यम बर्गीय अथवा माथि (higher than middle class)
Sajha has turned into MAGATs nest
आज बाट तिहारको सेल सकियो
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters