[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by himalphedi
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 Help with unique F1 visa situation
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 06-28-21 10:30 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Last edited: 28-Jul-21 07:38 PM

Posted on 06-29-21 2:05 AM     [Snapshot: 80]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

1) Yes, you must pay the Sevis fee again for a new F1 since it has been more than 12 months since your last Sevis payment(student status).
2) Resume is not required but good to take it with you if you have one.
3) Yes, it is ok to say that you worked on OPT and H1B. Actually, it's better to disclose all info that pertains to your legal work that you did while in the US. If your income specifically came from working in the US, make sure to to mention it. They can see all your visa status and work authorizations anyway so no need for secrecy if everything was done legally.
Last edited: 29-Jun-21 02:05 AM

Posted on 06-29-21 5:54 AM     [Snapshot: 119]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Last edited: 28-Jul-21 07:38 PM

Posted on 06-29-21 2:30 PM     [Snapshot: 233]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

You can take all the documents that you think might be helpful but there is no guarantee that the VO will consider any of them unless otherwise asked by him/her. Usually, US universities don't issue an I-20 until one provides evidence of sufficient funds to cover their expenses. So even financial documents are not vetted by the US embassy. Along with your passport, DS-160 confirmation, SEVIS payment receipt, two passport size photos, and form I-20, it's generally a good practice to take your transkripts, diploma, proof of funds, and previously issued US visa documents. Also, it is important to take documents that show you have a strong connection to your homeland and will be returning after you finish your studies. Dual intent is not allowed for a student visa so you must convince the VO that you plan to return "home".
Posted on 06-30-21 1:28 PM     [Snapshot: 444]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Last edited: 28-Jul-21 07:39 PM


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 60 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
सालीको चाक
Democrat wants to run election like in India. Chaos and Confusing to voters.
TPS Holder with travel document
Returning back to Nepal was a good decision
TPS Nepal travel on Advance Parole
के नेपाल टाट पल्टी सकेको हो ?
2 Full time job
i owe 32 K to IRS :(
राम्रो गर्छु भन्दा कहिले काही नराम्रो पो हुदो रहेछ...
Was it worth joining US army?
मामाको छोरि चल्ने केहि जातहरु ;
दिसा गर्ने ठाउँबाट रगत अाए के गर्ने? Blood in stool
टासिएको सम्बन्ध (भनौ) मानौ कि उनिएको ?
TIA -- Travel Related Covid Infomation
नेपाली देख्योकि डर लाग्छ
Cool Nepali TShirts,Check out the artwork people
Abortion should be illegal in US
Looking for Analyst/PM job that accepts TPS/ auto extended EAD
Filing status for tax (US citizen)
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters