[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by Help_please
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 I-485 Birth Certificate RFE Complicated case...Need help
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 09-10-20 11:16 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hello dear Sathi's,

I recently got an RFE for Birth Certificate for I-485. My Family had moved to Ktm from Morang in late 70's and I was born during family trip to Morang in 90's. Since my family was resident of KTM , KTM wada made my Birth Certificate indicating i was born in Morang. I submitted that in my i-485 application. Now i got an RFIE (Request for initial evidence) to provide a Birth Certificate. Does this mean i need to make Birth Certificate from the ward i was born in (i.e. Morang)? Did anybody faced similar situation where place of birth is different than the Permanent residence place ? Please help.... Thank you
Last edited: 10-Sep-20 11:16 AM

Posted on 09-10-20 11:20 AM     [Snapshot: 5]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

You have already submitted a birth certificate. Why would they ask for a birth certificate again? Are they asking for evidence to show that you were born in Morang? In that case, you may be able to provide affidavits from your relatives in Morang.
Posted on 09-10-20 11:30 AM     [Snapshot: 20]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks for the quick reply @harkhe7...i am not sure what they want...its just a basic RFE format which states Submit a copy of birth certificate issued by appropriate civil authority for applicant. The thing is my other friends who had same birth certificate format as me (they had same birthplace and permanent residence on the certificate) were good and got no RFE. So i am wondering does appropriate Civil authorithy means the ward that i was born in ? I am trying to make one from Morang just in case along with parents affidavits.
Posted on 09-10-20 11:09 PM     [Snapshot: 185]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

KTM wada is certainly a civil authority to issue birth certificates. They don't know who issues birth certificates in Nepal. It can be that KTM issues all the birth certificates. Did you also submit certified English translation?
Posted on 09-11-20 10:48 AM     [Snapshot: 290]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Use this forum instruction:


You need to provide secondary evidence in form of affidavit due to late birth registration. Also write a cover letter when u submit them.

Posted on 09-11-20 12:04 PM     [Snapshot: 322]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Don't complicate simple thing by over thinking.

1. Morang hospital birth certificate (they might have provided you during your birth).
2. KTM issued birth certificate (make sure it is translated, it has clearly indicated your place of birth and attest it).
3. Your translated citizen card (nagarikta) which clearly shows your place of birth.
4. I wouldn't recommend submitting another birth certificate as it might cause problems.

Bottomline, be honest and transparent.
Posted on 09-11-20 1:35 PM     [Snapshot: 364]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Is the Birth Certificate you submitted just a letter pad from KTM ward office ? If so, that's not a proper Birth Certificate. USCIS sometimes doesn't seem to accept that. In Nepal they have a formal Birth Certificate (written in Nepali Kagaz) which is written in Nepali (at the top) as well as English (at the bottom). So, the real Birth Certificate doesn't Need any Translation.

Try to get a real Birth Certificate, which is usually issued by ward office you were born in. It depends on whether or not your birth is registered. If it's already registered, no issues. They can issue a formal Birth Certificate. It'll be in English and Nepali.

It should look something like below.
Last edited: 11-Sep-20 01:38 PM

Posted on 09-13-20 10:24 AM     [Snapshot: 524]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    


Despite you have the birth certificate from ooda, you still need to translate unless your certificate has everything in English. I had the genuine birth certificate like you've attached (although issued recently), but got the RFE on the birth certificate that delayed the process by almost a year.

To avoid any issues with USCIS, just notorize your birth certificate as well as translate your citizenship in English and notorize it too. I did it and finally they accepted.

Hope this helps.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
भ्याक्सिन लाउनुस् नत्र मर्नुस्
हास्य र व्यग्य मा के फरक छ?
All four with the Omicron covid variant in South Africa were fully vaccinated
काेराे*नाकाे नयाँ "अाेमिक्राेन भेरियन्ट" के कस्ताे हाे? कत्तिकाे खतरनाक हाे त? Omicron covid variant
Nepali Female Filmmakers
So sad to see little girl suffer like this
Jesus in Reality
Best Dental Clinic in Kathmandu
मटन, चिकेन र माछा मध्य कुन खाने? माछाले पनि मुटुमा असर गर्ने खुलासा | Is fish dangerous to heart?
What is a Covid party?
Taking phones
shooting news :'(
खोप किन नलाउने?
Here's something for the hard core Clinton fans
We are in the 5th stage
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters