[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by karnali9
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 Marriage based green card interview - US citizen spouse birth certificate missing.
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 07-17-19 12:36 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Marriage based AOS with US citizen spouse case:
WE have interview coming soon and wanted to know if Birth certificate is required (mandatory) for both or not. Beneficiary spouse has Birth certificate but the sponsor spouse does not have birth certificate.
Does USCIS officer explicitly ask for Birth certificate to both during interview?
US citizen spouse has US passport. will that work for birth certificate requirement?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Posted on 07-17-19 1:33 PM     [Snapshot: 47]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

yes Birth certificate is a must for the applicant (you) but im not sure for your US citizen spouse. also the BC should be both in native language and a english translation copy. but if anything is missing dont do a mistake of not showing up or calling uscis to reschedule. just go to your appt with whatever you have coz its in the hand of immigration officer and you may get approved without it. in worst case scenario, they may issue u a RFE or reschedule the interview. meanwhile, try to get a copy of original and translated BC from home country. 

in case of GC holder spouse it was required for both applicant and sponsor

Last edited: 17-Jul-19 01:36 PM
Last edited: 17-Jul-19 01:38 PM

Posted on 07-17-19 1:56 PM     [Snapshot: 71]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks chatarpatar for your kind suggestion and i will adhere it.

I want to hear more from people with US spouse based marriage application experience.
Posted on 07-17-19 10:18 PM     [Snapshot: 232]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

You do not need ur sponsor birth certificate. All you need is her naturalization documents or birth certificate if she is born in usa. Usa passport is not enough. Take her naturalization document. You should be fine. Just take ur other required document. I m not a lawyer but its from my personal experience. Gud luck..

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 90 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
yo sajha bros, anyone got any update on TPS?
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
मलाई ब्रेड खायो कि सारै पाद आउछ..
5 questions to ask your friends who plan to get the Covid vaccine
🙏 दलाल स्ट्रिट 🙏
Conservative discussions
Suggestions chaiyo
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
Stop MCC proliferation in Nepal
मेरो ढुक्कुर सानो छ :(
When the news is bought for by vaccine corporations
Sajha Poll: Who is underwear ko avatar?
Definition of vaccine changed by CDC and Miriam Webster dictionary to allow vaccine mandates
Hope the immigration bill never passes
Beneddict please accept it
TPS question on immigration legislation pass by House Judiciary Committee today!!
TPS : Nepal out Afghanistan In
Sajha Poll: सझाको एड्मिनले विलि-निलि कथाकारहरुको पोस्ट डिलिट गर्न उचित छ? (कन्टेक्स्टः एड्मिन ज्युले मेरो 'जब लोगेनेले बेनिडिकलाई पछाडीबाट दियो' नामक कथाको सिरिजनै डिलिट हान्दिनु भएछ)
इन्दिरा जोशीको चिन्ता लौच
sarai chada vaye keti haru
नेपाल र अफगानिस्थानको टि पि एस रिडेजिकनेसन साथसाथै हने कुरो छ
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters