[Show all top banners]

pacific salmon
Replies to this thread:

More by pacific salmon
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 how to send attested copy
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 11-16-09 6:25 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Dear Friends,
I need to send attested copy of my Certificate (Transcript) from Tribhuvan University to one of the University over here in US. I am in US right now. Do you guys have any idea regarding this. As far as I know TU have no system of sending the copy of transcripts as US universities do. I checked TU's website and found nothing related to that.

your help would be appreciated.

Posted on 11-16-09 6:34 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

If you have a original copy, make a copy of it and there should be a place in your college (or your city) where they will certify (attest)  for you. Sometimes, ISS also do this services, if not they should be able to link you to help.
Posted on 11-16-09 6:38 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

thanks Nishedh, I asked if that works but they are insisting on the attested copy from TU. Is there any other way.
Last edited: 16-Nov-09 06:38 PM

Posted on 11-16-09 6:49 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

in my experience,  what they want is copies of the transcript with TU seal and signature of some official in a sealed envelope with seal and signature on the folded edge as well. this can be delivered to them either directly from TU, your family, yourself etc.

if you attended any TU affiliated college their seal should work as well.

this was a big hassle for me because my family had to fed-ex the envelope to me.

Posted on 11-16-09 7:14 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks NightElf for your input. I have my original transcrips here, so is it still possible to get an attested copy. If yes where should I contact. I can send someone over there to get that. 
Posted on 11-16-09 9:12 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

In my experience,

I had a friend working for American Educational Foundation "FulBright." He attested all my academic documents and sent them via mail. You can find anyone working for the same.

Other option is (may not be true): that there is a Public notory office in BabarMahal, Kathmandu. Send someone with all required IDs to have them notorized. However, I am not sure, if public notory-Nepal will work for the same.

Hope it helps.

Good luck!


Last edited: 16-Nov-09 09:12 PM

Posted on 11-16-09 10:01 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

what I did was ask my friends to go talk to the principle of the college. Fortunately, the guy agreed to attest the copies after verifying the grades as of their own records (which were not lost yet, fortunately again).

I also advise you to ask the university if they will accept notorised copies. I have been at similiar situation and the unis said they wont take notorised copies. If they say yes, you can ask your bank to notorize the copies, my bank at the time HSBC did it for free 2 years back.

Posted on 11-17-09 12:35 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Pacific Salmon,

I got my documents attested from American Education Foundation, Gyaneshwor. They charge about NRs 25 per page (may have changed). You have to leave the original documents and go back the next day to collect the original as well as the attested. The foundation officials will sign and seal the documents. They also provide a coverletter stating that Nepali university has no provision to send the official transcript and that the attested copy can be used.
The other option is you can go to your college and get the documents attested.
The choice is yours.

I hope this helps.

Posted on 11-17-09 6:33 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks foinme,
I did that for the first time I came here, now since I am in US it is being difficult for me to get an attested copy and as you know I cannot send my original transcript. I was wondering if there is any such educational institution here in US who does the same thing. I am not talking about credit evaluation though.

Posted on 11-17-09 9:06 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I don't know about such institution . I will try to find out and and let you know if I got any information about that.
Let me share you one of my experience about this which might be helpful to you.
A year back, I was also in the process of transferring and I didn't have any attested copies of my transcript left with me. When I contacted the university about this, they told me to send them my original copy and that they would return them back after making the copy by themselves.
If you talk about this with the office of admission, may be it works.

All the best.

Posted on 11-17-09 5:09 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks friends for the input.

Now I have decided to get duplicate copy from Nepal. They keep on insisting to send attested copy from the attended institution. Here is what they say about that
"Attestations must be made by the examining board/officer or the registrar of the
school attended. Copies attested by notary officials, translators, or other government posts are
not acceptable substitutes."
 Note the not word highlighted.

Can that be obtained from the "Pariksya Niyantran Karyalaya" which used to be in Jamal. I don't know if they have moved the office somewhere. Does anybody know how to get that without my presence over there. I guess they would probably look for someone from my family. Also what information do they need?

Thanks again.


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
Anybody gotten the TPS EAD extension alert notice (i797) thing? online or via post?
TPS EAD auto extended to June 2025 or just TPS?
whats wrong living with your parents ?
TPS advance parole Travel document i-131, Class of Admission ?
Now Trump is a convicted criminal .
Why Americans reverse park?
Biden said he will issue new Employment visa for someone with college degree and job offers
Facts showing how US is worse than Russia
Does the 180 day auto extension apply for TPS?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters