[Show all top banners]

Mr. D
Replies to this thread:

More by Mr. D
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Is visa required for Nepal born US citizen?
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 07-06-22 9:08 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

My son was born in Nepal and has never went out of country but has US passport applied through US embassy. Is he required to have Nepali visa since he actually physically entered through any port of entry? Would it be an issue when he leaves the country as his passport page in blank?
Posted on 07-06-22 11:52 AM     [Snapshot: 43]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

He definately does , although us has dual citizenship policy , nepal dosenot .you cannot use 2 passport at 2 points .lets say if you use his nepali passport to enter nepal, you need to show exit stamp in the nepal immigration desk . Unless you are able to produce the exit stamp from us they wont let you in nepal through their airport .
Posted on 07-06-22 4:28 PM     [Snapshot: 143]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hey Logan,
Thanks for the input but you misunderstood the question. He does not have two passports, he has only one US passport, but it does have any entry stamp, because he was born in Nepal, so unless he goes out of Nepal and comes back in, there is no way he would have entry stamp. But my question is while going out of the country, would Nepali authority give hassle since he does not have any visa?
Posted on 07-06-22 5:38 PM     [Snapshot: 164]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

They will issue visa in Nepal airport. You can choose the duration of visa there and pay the fee.
Posted on 07-06-22 11:37 PM     [Snapshot: 259]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

why are u waiting? i heard they will backdate your visa and u will have to pay penalty too
Posted on 07-07-22 12:30 AM     [Snapshot: 280]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

If applied through embassy and never left country still has to be reported to the immigration . You have to pay the penalty for illegally staying in the country . Until u correct it , it definately will be a hassele once your son decides to fly through airport . Get a long term visa , i guess 3 year is the longest they stamp at one time .
Posted on 07-07-22 2:19 AM     [Snapshot: 317]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

don't guess, log on..1 year is the longest stamp for long-term stay.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 60 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
For sajha photographers
"अन्डा " is way too expensive .
सेक्सी कविता - पार्ट २
पाप न साप घोप्टो पारि थाप !!
anyone received 221g in Nepal?
Returning to Nepal with us citizenship. Property ownership
नास ब्रो इन टिक टक :)
Mazzako chat/ nepal news chat ko replacement
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
Nepali keti haru kina dherai ghanauchan??
Pictures n ideas :small beautiful house in Nepal
How easy is it to regain Nepalese citizenship
Rabi is no any different- Fraud mentality is proven
Husband cheated on me, now what?
NFL Buffalo Bill's Hamlin and covid vaccine heart attack
The Living Nostradamus
Rabi Lamichhane - a man without borders
Are multivitamin supplement good for health
को होला त नया प्रधानमन्त्री ?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters