[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by ujl
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 transkript equivalency help
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 01-17-18 7:19 PM     [Snapshot: 9]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

What is your visa status? Are you a permanent resident? Different rules apply based on your status.
Posted on 01-17-18 8:04 PM     [Snapshot: 31]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I don't think you need to equivalent your +2 level courses.
Here are the steps you wanna consider:
1) Give TOEFL & SAT(Send the score directly to your college)
2) Fill out the application online at least couple of months before the deadline date
3) Make photocopies of your +2 transkripts. Go to your bank, have them all your photocopies attested. They will put stamp in your photocopies.
4) Open Mircosoft word document, type a letter to your college saying that Nepal do not have a system of sending transkript like in the US, therefore you are sending them the attested photocopies.
5) Fill out FAFSA to get financial aid.
Last edited: 17-Jan-18 08:05 PM

Posted on 01-17-18 8:34 PM     [Snapshot: 68]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Bank is just an example, you can go to any other government office like city hall to attest your photocopies. When you attest your photocopies, it makes it official. Colleges accepts official copies.

Regarding TOEFL & SAT: Most of the good universities require SAT. Check your college website in admission requirement tab. Some colleges don't require SAT. It depends on which university you are applying. Students who did their +2 from non-english speaking countries are usually required to take TOEFL. Check the admission criteria directly on the website of your college. All the necessary items are listed on the college website.

You mentioned it's been more than 10 years since you did your +2, I recommend you give TOEFL & SAT. It will be a good review for you.
Posted on 01-18-18 12:41 AM     [Snapshot: 158]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hello Sahara Koirala ,

After Reading your story, for a moment I remembered my position 5 months ago. May be My story is little different than yours but I hope this will atleast give you a little heads up about where to start from. I applied for the Grad program for Spring 2018 . The University asked for the WES evaluation like in your case and here what I did
1. I had Undergrad from T.U (7 years ago). So to get the Transkript Officially Stamped from
the Office of Controller (T.U in my case). I send my Undergrad Transkript and degrees to
Nepal via Fedex .
2. Here in US I browsed the WES site and paid some money to get the WES Reference #
3. My family back home with the received credentials and WES Ref # went to T.U and
processed the things to get the Officially Sealed Stamped Transkript in a envelop.
4. My Family send me that sealed Envelop as it was received from T.U.
5. After Receiving my package from Nepal I mailed it to WES .
6. After 2-3 Weeks WES completed their Evaluation and Send to my applied University .
7. University received the evaluation copy and they started their own processing.

This is my story hope this helps you!

Posted on 01-18-18 10:17 AM     [Snapshot: 241]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Slightly different route as you are a PR: what about you join a community college now (no SAT and no ToEFL required, or you can enroll 3 cr. English to waive ToEFL requirement) and then transfer to a good school in fall. A DV winner relative bhai did the same in GA and moved to a good university in TX a year later. The CC accepted HSEB transkript after he went there to show them the original.

Posted on 01-18-18 11:19 AM     [Snapshot: 284]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Just sent you the details by DM. Good luck!

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
yo sajha bros, anyone got any update on TPS?
Conservative discussions
Hope the immigration bill never passes
TPS question on immigration legislation pass by House Judiciary Committee today!!
The Great Himalayan Cable Car
Its just a phase
Moving to Nepal. What are my options?
Mero bichar ma Nepal ma paisa falcha bidesh ma hoina
Day trading (US stocks) in Nepal
ROTH or 401K
For fellow nepali bros/sis intersted on immi bill
रानीको दुध
Sajha Poll: Current Entertainer no 1 in Sajha.
Can u buy cars with debit card of Bank of America in Nepal?
Thinking as a women ......
Best visa to apply for work
Is it worth investing your money in Nepal?
TPS late renewal
I quit sajha
TPS EAD I-765 Filing Requirements for renewal
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters