[Show all top banners]

Khai ko khai ko
Replies to this thread:

More by Khai ko khai ko
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 F1 After TPS
Keywords associated with this thread

SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 12-25-17 12:59 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

One of my friends completed his masters 2014 dec. He worked on OPT until Sept 30, 2017. After that, he is in TPS. Can he go for second masters after TPS ends, say the end of 2018 worst case.

Expert view or view from people with the similar situation will be appreciated.
Posted on 12-25-17 9:30 PM     [Snapshot: 147]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Yes definitely your friend can go to the F1 status after the TPS expires, though he/ she has to be very careful on the grace period after the TPS. I know Sajha is the very good platform getting the information and it is very helpful though i strongly suggest you to tell your friend to hire a attorney for an hour which will roughly cost around $ 50 and ask all these questions. Also after the completion of the second master degree; they won't qualify for another OPT. I know how hard it is so i would strongly suggest to look for other alternatives if possible

Please correct me if i am wrong
Posted on 12-26-17 6:45 PM     [Snapshot: 355]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

So he doesn't need to go Nepal to stamp visa. Is change of status possible.
Posted on 12-27-17 12:45 PM     [Snapshot: 465]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Please do not take this as a legal advise. This is only for the information purposes.

As per the lawyer stated below: he need to change his status that's it.. nothing more. Below is the question answer as well as the link for the look up


How can i go back to F1 status after my TPS expires.
Hi I was in F1 till december 2015 but after my country Nepal was granted TPS i applied and received TPS and EAD approval . After TPS approval i stopped going to school and my F1 was terminated . So after my TPS ends can i go back to F1 status doing reinstatent.

3 attorney answers

Alexander Joseph Segal
Immigration Attorney | New York, NY
Posted on Feb 2, 2016
You can file I539 and request a change of status from TPS to F1. Provided you have the requisite I-20 secured.

Below is the link for more clarification. Hope this will help


Posted on 01-01-18 8:33 PM     [Snapshot: 857]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

This case is different. In my friend's case his f1 status was completed. He completed his degree and worked fully on opt. Now he is on tps and want to go f1 without going Nepal.
Posted on 09-30-19 12:07 PM     [Snapshot: 4736]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

consult sushil vattarai CA

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
Conservative discussions
🙏 दलाल स्ट्रिट 🙏
KP and PK
नास ब्रो इन टिक टक :)
१२ वर्ष अमेरिका बसेर रित्तै फर्केका यी युवा
US Ambassador to Nepal interview
RNA vaccines have not been proven safe, and this mass immunization of healthy people is unwise
b1 visa ticket issue
Nepal ma chori haru le sampati khana paucha??
नेपाली राजनीति बिस्लेषक किन geopolitics को कुरा धेरै गर्छन?
Benefits of Studying Abroad
What was your experience going to school in Nepal?
आफैलाई कामी भनेर आफैले जातिय भेदभाबको बढावा दिएको अवस्था
Someone broke into my maternal uncle house and tried to kill us.
विशेष स्वादको करेलाको चटनी ।
bitcoin ले चल्ला कोरल्यो !!
Traditional Nepali Wedding
Sweet simple Traditional Nepali Wedding
काँक्रोको राइता ।
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters