[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by rcdhakal
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 TPS and F1
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 09-18-16 8:44 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

My current status is F1. I have EAD card through TPS. I am getting job. If I leave my status (F1), and go to job, how can I get back my F1 Status. Before finishing my TPS, do I request my school for F1? or Do I need to go to my country and apply for F1 visa. Is there any way to get back F1 status from TPS? I know when I leave my school, they put my Sevis in hold.
Posted on 09-18-16 10:19 AM     [Snapshot: 65]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

If you are in F1 status, you need to stick with it even though you have TPS unless you want to screw it up everything . TPS is just an option but not any permanent status , it might lead to GC through marriage or employment. ( you need to consult lawyer) . But my suggestion is maintain your F1 status until you get GC. Best is to continue your study and new job . Good luck .
Last edited: 18-Sep-16 10:42 AM

Posted on 09-18-16 1:59 PM     [Snapshot: 162]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Dhakalji yo ekdum ramro prashna ho ani tapai lai tesko consequences ni thaha cha hajur lai jasto malai lagcha ra tapai le padhai chodne kura malai chai ramro lagena saayad majbur vayera garnu vako hola. @atomic ji le sabai kura vandinu vayeko cha tara ma pani yesma kehi kura thapna chahanchu:
TPS siddiyepachi athawa sakkina vanda kei mahina aaagadi college ko lagi apply garnu hola. Hajur le feri financial evaluation, sponsorship documents haru sabai pathauna parcha jato malai lagcha (tyo kura international advisor sanga garnu hola). Yes u do apply for F1 status with your school with the required application process (short and sweet vanna parda)
Next question you dont have to go to Nepal to apply. if your visa is expired and your TPS deadline is crossed and you havent received your I-20 then I think you might wanna go back to Nepal and do the application but if your status is good (TPS) so before it expires if you apply and get accepted and have i-20 in hand then u dont have to.
The only way to get your F1 status via TPS is by applying to colleges again. Remember TPS is not a status in itself.
** I am not a designated lawyer but these are the things I am sure but not completely sure about it. Hope that helps Mr/MRS dhakal ji


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
🙏 दलाल स्ट्रिट 🙏
बोल्दा ध्यान दिनु पर्ने कुराहरु
How much money can someone carry from Nepal with an immigrant visa?
Mayors from 28 states urged Biden to include immigration
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters