[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by bhikari
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Can i file a joint tax return if not legally married in usa, but married in Nepal with married certificate?
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 02-19-16 4:11 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

We married in Nepal last year and have marriage certificate of nepal but we don't have marriage certificate of usa. Can we still file joint tax return?
Posted on 02-19-16 4:13 PM     [Snapshot: 1]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

you will need SS card
Posted on 02-19-16 4:14 PM     [Snapshot: 8]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Your wife should be in US and you dont need SSN. If you dont have SSN, you need to file ITIN for tax purposes.
Posted on 02-19-16 4:19 PM     [Snapshot: 1]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

For filing jointly you need SSN or ITIN. If your spouse is here in the US and don't have SSN, then along with your 1040, your spouse needs to fill W7 form. Translated Nepali marriage certificate should be suffice.
Posted on 02-19-16 4:19 PM     [Snapshot: 15]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

My wife has ssn. We just haven't registered as marroed in usa. We have marriage certificate from nepal. When filing taxes it did ask my wife's ssn which i provided and filing went fine. Will they ask for proof of marriage as we are not registered as married in usa. We plan to file her green card soon under my green card. She is currently in usa as a student visa.
Posted on 02-19-16 4:22 PM     [Snapshot: 25]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

No problem at all man...u r good to go...
Posted on 02-19-16 4:30 PM     [Snapshot: 43]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

if that's the case....you're good to go man......beside your tax preparer should know this. you stressing for no reason.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
साझाका लेखाईले आतंकित बनाउछ
Where do most Nepali live in Albany, NY
##केटा हो ,*Monthly* कती *SAVE* हुन्छ ? ##
Balen Shah and the hype
Bibeksheel Sajha Party and Balen Shah
त्रुम्पधारीको कुतर्क
Saroj Sai - Cover Songs - Music
Deuba finally completing 5 years
My parents are visiting me in usa , i need to take them to canada so what is the process can someone help me please?
Feds take hike
looking Room In Ohio state
Stock Market is down but you can still make money. Find insider detail and trade stock accordingly and get rich quick
Google engineer got fired for saying bot has feelings. Here’s why he thought that
सालीको चाक-२ ( डिप्रेसन् यात्रा )
result day coming, not sure how to confront my parents
Garima Sharma Best Song Released- Award Winner Music Video
"Revenge Travel": Are you on it ?
ओरिपरि जिन्ग्रीङ्ग ,माझमा ठिंन्ग्रिंङ्ग
Replacing 2005 Camry to Cutey 2010 Prius with 82.5 K miles
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters