[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by tic_tac_toe
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 How to get certified copy of Passport in Nepal?
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 03-04-14 5:13 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Does any one know how to get a certified copy (NOT notarized copy) of passport in Nepal? Does the district administration office from where the passport was made provide it? If any one knows anything about it, it would really be helpful.


Posted on 03-04-14 9:26 PM     [Snapshot: 89]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

@tic_tac_toe ye, probably D.A.O in Nepal or call Nepalis Embassy to find out.
Posted on 03-05-14 7:26 AM     [Snapshot: 158]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks ktmdu.

Has anybody done this before in Nepal?
Posted on 03-06-14 12:01 AM     [Snapshot: 242]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

@tic_tac_toe. But do share how you go.

Posted on 03-06-14 6:43 AM     [Snapshot: 280]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

Is this for tax purpose?Nepal embassy will do it for you .You can even send them by mail and they will send it back to you.
Posted on 03-06-14 6:15 PM     [Snapshot: 345]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

why do you need it for..yes Nepal embassay may do it for you..call them up
Posted on 03-06-14 7:26 PM     [Snapshot: 365]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Yes, it is for tax purpose. I need to get a certified copy of my wife's passport to apply for ITIN. I could have done it through Nepal embassy in US, but the problem is she has gone to Nepal and will be returning after a few months.
If it is possible to get a certified copy from embassy abroad, it should be possible from Nepal also.. but we never know..
I am not sure if district administration offices do this. If anybody has any information about this, please share.
I will update how it goes..

Posted on 03-08-14 10:52 AM     [Snapshot: 449]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    
Posted on 03-08-14 10:10 PM     [Snapshot: 498]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

Its not about District Admin will do or Not...Zeee!!

Its about What IRS wants...THEY want Certified from Issued Agency..

If you look at the passport next to the picture, there is an Issued Agency which is Government of Nepal Ministry of Foreign Affairs..seal from DOP

Or If you are in US, you can do it at the Nepalese Embassy, Washington D.C. 

Call embassy they will tell you the same..but with an attitude...

Good luck!!!!

Posted on 03-08-14 11:01 PM     [Snapshot: 505]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks Sexy In Sari.

I am aware that IRS wants a certified copy from the agency that issued the passport.

It seems like you issued your passport from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. My wife got her PP issued from District Administration Office, which falls under Ministry of Home Affairs.

The seal in my wife's passport is : Government of Nepal, Ministry of Home Affairs, District Administration Office.
Since my wife is Nepal, I was wondering if District Administration Office can issue the certified copy of passport or will they refer her to notary agent (which is not accepted by IRS), or is there any other government office that does this work.
It would be helpful to hear from the people who have been in this situation.

Its not only about what IRS wants, but also how to get it in Nepal.

Anyways, my wife will be going to the DAO in a couple of days.
I will update how it goes.


Posted on 03-10-14 5:17 PM     [Snapshot: 558]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    


District Administration Office (Lalitpur) told that they do not certify the copy of passport (Though they were the ones to issue it).
They were kind of surprised and told that they never had such case.

The next step would be to go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I will update how it goes.

नेपालको कनुन दैबले जानुन्!

In the mean time, if anybody has any suggestions, please post.

Posted on 04-25-14 6:47 PM     [Snapshot: 751]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    


My wife got the attested copy of passport (page with picture and the page with Next to Kin information, photocopied in the same side of A4 size paper) from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department of Consular Services, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu. They take Rs. 200 per page.
I submitted it to IRS along with my tax refund papers.
Recently I received a mail from IRS with her ITIN number.
They also sent back the attested copy of Passport.
Hope this information will help somebody in future...

Posted on 04-25-14 9:05 PM     [Snapshot: 819]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    


the easiest way to get ITIN is just to walk in to the one of the IRS local office with original passport, form w7 and your wife. That way you don't have to through those hassle.

The catch is you have to go to office early in the mrng so that you can get the ticket.

Posted on 04-26-14 8:43 AM     [Snapshot: 916]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks for sharing the information. This information will be helpful if the applicant is in US.
In my case, my wife was in Nepal. So had to get an attested/certified copy of PP from Nepal.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 60 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
For sajha photographers
"अन्डा " is way too expensive .
सेक्सी कविता - पार्ट २
पाप न साप घोप्टो पारि थाप !!
anyone received 221g in Nepal?
Returning to Nepal with us citizenship. Property ownership
नास ब्रो इन टिक टक :)
Mazzako chat/ nepal news chat ko replacement
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
Nepali keti haru kina dherai ghanauchan??
Pictures n ideas :small beautiful house in Nepal
How easy is it to regain Nepalese citizenship
Rabi is no any different- Fraud mentality is proven
Husband cheated on me, now what?
NFL Buffalo Bill's Hamlin and covid vaccine heart attack
The Living Nostradamus
Rabi Lamichhane - a man without borders
Are multivitamin supplement good for health
को होला त नया प्रधानमन्त्री ?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters