I think there is chance that TPS decision for Nepal will be on hold, given that several stake holders group make a united effort. One thing that is going to affect this is how much effort can people in "Adhikaar" team make; if they can lobby (or in nice words put make a detailed assessment and justification) with mayors, lawyers and judges.
Unlike for other countries for which lawsuit was based on california, lawsuit for Nepal will most likely be based in NewYork, because this is were Nepalese with TPS are mostly concerntrated (Adhikaar too has it's hold in New York).On the other side I see that navigating through isn't going to be easy, but Why?
- Because there are too many Nepalese who really want to TPS to end, but Why?
- Because the people that have secured their greencard and citizenship do not care, even though they forgot bulk of them are fake asylum holders. But again, why do think in such a way?
- Because human behavior is to be jealous and make sure that other's don't profit but only you.
Here is a an example from my life experience:
- I knew a someone who came to USA by doing something (not necessary to explain) and directly received a greencard. The person then enrolled in fake resume based IT staffing company and makes good money, but the person supports trump because the person thinks that Trump will throw all the desi people out, so he will have more chance in the job market.
Does that person realize he/she is not better than any other person, because he/she faked their experiences and is providing no quality service? These people hop company to company every 3-6 months, but think they only qualify to be in USA. Wow, seriously.
- There are another group of people (mostly students) who are educated people of Nepal. But, the fact is "Nepal ko educated people le gobal stage ma kehi khyasna sakeko chaina". These people think that they such a standard and educated people that they only deserve to be in USA. They think that other fake asylum seekers, nepalese bhutanese, people who come from mexico border are low life and don't deserve better life in USA.
I have seen most of these students cheat in their home work, work illegally on cash, etc. etc. And, you think you are only the good pool of people who deserve to be in USA, wow Seriously !
- There is this another group of people who came to USA couple decades ago on tourist VISA and have secured their greencard by going the asylum route.
Now, that they are secured they think that they only deserve to be here. They have forgotten how they met their means.
I have seen some desi people who were happy because H4 work permit is going to be cancelled.
I have seen some desi people happy because they think that IT consultancies cannot put new graduates on jobs.
I have seen some desi people who have made 6 figures who think they are highly skilled and are the only ones who deserve life in USA. But, what really is high skill ? - just know a for loop and ef else. There are people in other discipline who know better than fucking you.
You guys keep bumping your resume so high and know so little. The only reason IT professional are making good money is because the market if fucking booom. You are no better at solving problem.
So, the summary is this:
Unlike the people from Sudan, Haiti, etc etc. who mostly have low socio-economic profile (due to most being refugees), the desi people (and Nepalese) have mostly a mixed socio-economic profile.
So, there is very much vested interested in most of us to think that our self-situation is the most important one.
- One student thinks that he/she came a legal route, worked his/her ass in gas station and thinks that he/she has worked very hard in life to deserve life in USA.
- Another person thinks that he/she get opportunity to come as student and had to make a illegal means. So, he/she thinks his/her life is hard and he/she deserves to be in USA.
But, the final fact is that no matter who and what you are, the fucking stupid TRUMP doesn't like anyone other than the white skins. Lot's of desis (includes Nepalese) voted for TRUMP thinking he would secure the job of high skilled immigrants. But, some of these high skilled people too are fake asylum seeker.
But, the contrary to what they had thought TRUMP first pushed a bill to intercept the illegal migrants and then was about to put another bill to strip people who received greencard and citizenship by some not ethical means (fake asylum, fake marriage, etc etc.). And, while TRUMP tries to play a high moral character, irony is that he and his family hoarded so much money in his life by cheating on taxes.
So, my take home lesson is, "Every one deserves and wants a better life, no matter what walk of life you came from?". Obtaining a TPS, workpermit, GC, Citizenship is one of the important things in life. The other important thing is to be responsible for others, voice the support for others who doesn't exactly have same walks as yours but who is more alike you. Thinking you only deserve life in USA is just plain wrong and will put next in the line when desi people are mistreated as a racism progresses. You will be the one to suffer because you made the decision to elect somebody as stupid as TRUMP.
The only way to save TPS for Nepal is to have a collective voice, no matter weather you are in TPS or not, you are responsible to make sure that another desi people (including Nepalese) get a chance to better their lives. Thinking it won't affect will affect you as the racism progresses.