Replies to this thread:

More by mike_tyke21
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 TPS to EB3 filing
Keywords associated with this thread

immigration tps h1b green card eb3 work visa
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 04-10-16 2:09 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Does anyone here have experience with moving from TPS to EB3 filing? are we required to go back to Nepal to do so?
Posted on 04-10-16 4:10 PM     [Snapshot: 51]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

From what I understand, if you entered the country legally, and you have not been out of status, you do not have to go outside when changing your status. i.e. before being on TPS, you were in some legal status like F1 or H1B. In this case, you need not exit the U.S. to apply for EB3.

If you were out of status for less than a year, you need to go back to Nepal and apply for GC from there.

If you were out of status for more than a year, according to the below link I found, apparently you will be subject to the "10 year bar" for re-entry to the U.S.

Hopefully you have not been out of status and if you have, it's less than a year.

I am not an attorney so do not take the above as 100% factual.  Please consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck!
Last edited: 10-Apr-16 04:19 PM
Last edited: 10-Apr-16 04:21 PM

Posted on 04-10-16 4:37 PM     [Snapshot: 82]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Actually it seems unlawful presence for more than 180 days (6 months), triggers a 3 year bar, and unlawful presence over a year triggers a 10 year bar. There may be provision for appeals. See link below.

[Reminder: I am not an attorney; please consult one for proper advice]
Posted on 04-15-16 12:28 PM     [Snapshot: 348]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Your question is not clear. What do you mean by EB3 filing?

You can file for EB3 PERM on any status or even for people in a different country without a status in the US.

As torila said, the question only comes in during the adjustment of status i-485. You get to this step from any way to get green card - from marriage or PERM.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
Vintage Pictures of Kathmandu
Fox News: Wear the Damn Mask, it is not political issue but a public health issue.
मलाई ब्रेड खायो कि सारै पाद आउछ..
Dr. Fauci न टोक्नु न बोक्नु भएको छ ट्रुम्पलाई
Looking for Potential Match
Ushering in new era of communism ...
चुनाबमा हार/ जीत हुन्छ : आफुलाई टुहुरो नठान
Love Letters From The Past--SITARA
जोडि त भाग्यले जुराउँछ - हिरोइन स्वेताले यसरि दोश्रो पटक बिहे गर्न लागिन
ॐ श्री स्वस्थानी ब्रत कथा
Conservative discussions
प्रियंका कार्की फोटो अबलम भाग २ , ३ जून २०१६ copyright @पुन्टर
The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly
Photo of the day
Visit Reeyas Kitchen for Nepali Food Recipes
आहा के सारो राम्री हुन् यो नानी!!!
Amby Writes:- My Caffeine Indulgence- I
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
विद्या तेरो सिन्दूर खोइ, केपी ओली तेरो पोइ ..
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters