Before we introduce ourselves to you, we would like to acknowledge the growing sentiments of the Nepalese people in the Americas. “ANA aayo, Boston ghumaulaa, Saathi Bhai bhetaula, Khelkood khelaula, Concert heraula, Jasai gari pani Majaa Garaula”. Now that I’ve cleared the underlying innuendos, we find it prudent to introduce ourselves.
We are a group of committed volunteers on behalf of ANA Table Tennis Committee 2010 and we’d like to invite you to the Games. As ANA closes in on us, the excitement only grows stronger and the air around feels lighter by the day, figuratively. As part of the ANA tradition, there are a variety of Sports Tournaments held each year. Among these sports, Table Tennis is one of them. This year, we have taken it upon us to host the ANA Table Tennis Tournament. For varied reasons, Table Tennis has not been as prevalent in the past years. Acknowledging this fact, we have taken the challenge to host the event and are still determined to make it a success. When we speak of Success, we think of “YOU”. We need your support and your participation to make this event fun, memorable and successful. If you just realized you want in on the fun, we are here for you. Click the link below and find yourself a part of ANA TT 2010.
You may question why Table Tennis?
· Let’s journey back to the past. Remember the time when you cut class and hung around the TT board or the time when you lost that game of Table Tennis and had to wait for another few hours before you could play again. Remember the time when you thought the concrete TT board was sturdy enough for you to jump on it. Well, help me help you relive those glory days. Participate in Table Tennis and we will help you freshen up those cherished moments.
· It’s only $ 25 (Convention Registration fee Included) which really comes down to $15. I am not sure if there is a better way to reminisce ANA 2010 than by paddling your way with another Nepali peer, showing off the spins and enjoying in the fun. Think of all the good memories this would build. Do not miss out on the fun.
· Table Tennis is a sport. If you aren’t part of a team sport and still would love to indulge in a sport, table tennis awaits you. Reveal to us the spirit of sportsmanship and join us in the fun.
· Let us iterate that “ This is the only Nepali TT Tournament in the US”
You may wonder if the commute to the venue is convenient.
· The venue for Table Tennis known as “THE CASTLE” is diagonally across the street from the Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers (The official ANA residence building/Convention Hall). It is also the building for the Opening Ceremonies. Pictures of the Castle can be found at the ANA website as well as the ANA TT Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ana.tabletennis Please browse through the site to keep you updated to Table Tennis. We want you to interact and know your TT peers before the games begin.
· The venue where Table Tennis will be hosted will have around 70 vendors concurrently. This will give Table Tennis participants a great mix of spectators. Once you are done with the game, you can gorge yourself to the delectable food in the various stalls. You will also have less of a commute to the hotel and enjoy the various arts and crafts from Nepal in the Castle.
· The venue is also in the heart of Boston. If you decide to take a stroll around the city we will be happy to direct you to places to visit. We are here for you.
You may wonder if this is for you
· Our motto as it stands is “If a ninety year old grandma can play it, why not you?” This is not a figurative speech but a literal one. Yes, if a ninety year old grandma can play, I sure bet you can too. So come on! Get your bats and bring yourself. We will be waiting to welcome you to the Games
· While the games can become competitive, we still need you to enjoy. Whether an avid table tennis fan or a beginner, we would like to have you all. With the myriad of people, everyone is as crucial to make this event successful and fun.
Please do not forget to forward this email to your friends. We are certain they would not want to miss out on the fun. “The more the merrier” so let us all make ANA a fun time.
Lastly, if you do have any questions/suggestions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Direct your queries to us at BOSTONANATT@GMAIL.COM
On Behalf of Boston ANA 2010 TT Committee
PS: Please forward any questions to the email listed above
Last edited: 10-May-10 01:22 PM
Last edited: 10-May-10 01:23 PM
Last edited: 10-May-10 01:24 PM
Last edited: 10-May-10 08:46 PM
Last edited: 11-May-10 08:51 PM