Replies to this thread:

More by admirer
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 02-10-09 9:40 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Dear All,

I was planning to file for tax return online and wanted to file jointly with my wife. But my wife doesnt have an SSN so the amount i would get is reduced to half. Is there any way that i would get maximum out of my return. Your help is appreciated.


Posted on 02-10-09 10:18 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Apply ITIN number for your wife. Your wife needs to fill up W-7 form. Send all your fed tax return documents with w7 form to address provided in the w7 instruction form. Since you will not be able to get the ITIN number immediately to meet deadline, you will have to send joint filing without your wife's ITIN number for state tax filing. When you send documents for state filing, the state will provide the temporary number but before submitting your docs for state filing call them and explain your situation.

Check the link below for further information.,,id=96287,00.html



Posted on 02-11-09 9:34 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

thanks for your input.
Posted on 02-11-09 1:50 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Rmny, another question in 2008 i worked for two different employers at two different states. Does this mean that i have to file them seperately or file together??
Posted on 02-11-09 4:14 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

yes you would need Itin# for your wife to file as married.If your wife is here with you in n US then you file as married.

But if your wife is back home then you file your wife as dependent in another word she does not have income and is not a resident or a citizen and have not reside with you for at least six months.

However, it is possible that it would be more benificial to apply as married filing jointly. There are more tax breaks filing married filing joinlty.

if you deciede to use your wife as a dependent and you do not have any other depedents, you cannot file yourself as a head of household. Only if you have a qualifying child, you can file head of household. A wife being claimed as a dependend does not allow you to file head of household.

Posted on 02-11-09 4:25 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Is there any significant difference between filing myself and through tax agents/companies? What is your experience? I need some sugestion. If it is worthy to go to those agents, I dont wanna give any shot on those complications. Thanks
Posted on 02-11-09 11:58 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Now i'm have a wto papers ,its showed my annual in just s 12000 dollers,but my actual income is more than 5o thousand ,because i work cash and cheque  well,i just pay for 40 hrs tax,i want to add money on the wto and want to make 30 thousand because i need to sent sponsor letter to nepal to call up my family to usa,how can i do that help plzzzzzzz
Posted on 02-12-09 12:19 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Is 1040 EZ the form that needs to be filled out for tax return though i am not a US citizen. Please help. I have been in US for 5 yrs now. Thanks..
Posted on 02-12-09 12:47 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Admirer, if you have been here 5 years, at least for tax purpose you are considered a resident. Thats what I was told by the international student office at my university. You should be able to fill out the 1040 EZ form. That's what I have been doing.

Posted on 02-13-09 1:39 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Well, if you have w-2 for $12000 then you will be able to get some tax refunds. If you add that 40K income as cash you will end up paying 2-3 k on the top of your refund plus interest if the tax due is over $1000.

Best bet is file single as w-2's income. Past is past and prepare for future. Now on you can pay taxes for your cash income , make sure you pay federal tax and state tax on it.  There are some limitation while you file tax with an ITIN holder.


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 90 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
Discussion forum for photography enthusiastic
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began? Naya Nepal Chat
Conservative discussions
🙏 दलाल स्ट्रिट 🙏
The Great Himalayan Cable Car
Let's discuss about Football a.k.a Soccer
पाप न साप घोप्टो पारि थाप !!
भाते मुखियाबा
How to deal with anxiety
AWS Certifications !!
ढुककुर बढाउने घरेलु उपाए ...
Prabal pariyar gurung. Great job. दामै जातिको नाम राखेकोमा
स्टकमा कमाउने कट्टुको ३ मन्त्र ।
Nepali girl
King Mahendra's Alaska Visit
जेरी हैन जलेबी भन्नुस
Rerun: Mangale interviews Donald Trump. (Still relevant)
DIY Project ( camry oil change )
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of It is not possible for to monitor all the postings, since merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks. Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters