[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by kilroy
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Any Idea!!!!!!!!
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 06-14-08 2:19 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

hey folks

do you know any universities in US which accepts 3 years bachelors degree in Chemistry(good marks) from  T.U.(Amrit Science Campus)

Still confused where to go and what to do


Posted on 06-14-08 5:15 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    



Posted on 06-14-08 5:43 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

You question is incomplete Kilroy,

Is it for Masters? Or for Undergrad? Almost all schools will accept you for undergrad, provided you fulfill their admission requirements....Now, if you meant for Grad school, it might be a stretch. Besides, you will need GRE and so forth...some schools do allow you to be admitted as a Grad student but fulfill the pre-reqs before you can take grad level classes....Hope it helps !

Posted on 06-14-08 6:54 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

thanx mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regarding your question i tried to join one mid western university but they didnt transfer my credit

really confused whether to go for undergrad or masters

just wanted to know if there are some folks who either transfered their 3 years bachelors programme from tu or went directly for masters

any suggestions appreciated.....................................

Posted on 06-14-08 7:06 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Try Texas A&M, UofH, Rice, Lamar University and others in and around Houston...
Last edited: 14-Jun-08 07:12 PM

Posted on 06-15-08 10:48 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    
Posted on 06-15-08 10:51 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Someone told me a long time ago that if you're admitted to master's program in Nepal then you have better chances of transferring your credits to your masters program in USA and also getting admitted.. i don't know in details but it was a long tim eago, 7 years ago.

Posted on 06-16-08 11:23 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    


It would be a stretch for you to get accepted directly into Masters program.  3 year Bachelors degrees from Nepal normally do not get recognized in the US.  Assuming you did very well in GRE and GRE Subject (Chemistry in your case) test and have several years of solid academic research experience in your field - you already mentioned you have good grades, hopefully that will translate to 4.0 gpa or very near - you could write a strong statement (application essay) to argue that you are ready for the rigors of grad work to stand a chance.

It is probably best if you do your Masters in Nepal and apply for PhD program here in the US afterwards.

Again, IMO.


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 365 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TPS Re-registration
सेक्सी कविता - पार्ट २
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
पाप न साप घोप्टो पारि थाप !!
पुलिसनी संग - आज शनिवार - अन्तिम भाग
निगुरो थाहा छ ??
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
Lets play Antakshari...........
What Happened to Dual Citizenship Bill
Basnet or Basnyat ??
Sajha has turned into MAGATs nest
NRN card pros and cons?
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
मेरो अम्रिका यात्रा -२
Do nepalese really need TPS?
कता जादै छ नेपाली समाज ??
susta manasthiti lai ke bhanchan english ma?
कृष्ण नै अन्तिम सत्य
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
Mr. Dipak Gyawali-ji Talk is Cheap. US sends $ 200 million to Nepal every year.
Harvard Nepali Students Association Blame Israel for hamas terrorist attacks
TPS Update : Jajarkot earthquake
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters