[Show all top banners]

Februry March
Replies to this thread:

More by Februry March
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Do we need any kind of permission to add a room in a house in USA?
Keywords associated with this thread

room house
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 12-28-17 2:06 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I am thinking to add a room in my own house in USA. So I am wondering whether I have to take any permissions for this process or not?

Thanks in advance.
Posted on 12-28-17 2:21 PM     [Snapshot: 14]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I guess you need to have a permit to do any modification to your house if you want to add it legally. If you are living in a HOA managed community then any change in exterior needs their permit as well.
Posted on 12-28-17 2:27 PM     [Snapshot: 23]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanks Stylish.
Its not under HOA community. And the extra room is just like a partition of free space I have available. Still I need to get a permission?
Posted on 12-28-17 2:31 PM     [Snapshot: 43]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

well, it depends upon city you live in. Areas in US are monitored by different jurisdictions.
You could check with public works department of your city.
Posted on 12-29-17 1:36 PM     [Snapshot: 450]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

step 1 : Talk to your HOA (they give you an idea ) if exists.
step 2: almost all city has Public work department usually they regulate this things.
If you live in california, new york states they have very stringent requirements to get permit so might be very expensive but in some states eg arizona, texas might be super easy.

You can talk to local contractors too so they guide you because the have hands on experience on that.

Posted on 12-29-17 1:50 PM     [Snapshot: 463]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

NO, if you live outside the city limits.
YES, for everything if you live inside the city limits.
Posted on 12-30-17 8:09 AM     [Snapshot: 668]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Depend on county ordinance. You should go to county office and inquire about it


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
सालीको चाक
Kathmandu- the capital of political ideas?
Wife hates Travel Nurse/s
Nepali students flooding Australia
What kind of insurance to get for B1 B2 visiting parents?
Name of alleged rapist of beauty pageant revealed
How to get quicker Visa application date for B1/B2 Tourism visa from Nepal?
बडो दुबिधा - career
सालीको 'कन्डो'
How's brain of Republican wired? School Shootings Data
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters