We are in a state of dilemma regarding the Emirates (Fly Dubai) flight leaving from US to Kathmandu. Even though Fly Dubai is supposed to fly on Tuesdays (Sept 8, 15, 22), they haven't started booking tickets even for back logged passengers. Just wondering if anyone has any information on this? Has anyone been issued a ticket already or have we been misinformed? Nobody picks up the phone in Flydubai office in Maharajgunj.
It seems Turkish airlines is taking new passengers, anyone taking Turkish flight?
Another related question is about visitor visa extension. We had extended the visitor visa which expires soon, we haven't heard back from USCIS yet and it have been 5 months since we sent the application. If we cannot leave after the extension has expired, what would be the next step, what would be the consequence?
I am in the same boat. Similar to the question "We had extended the visitor visa which expires soon, we haven't heard back from USCIS yet and it have been 5 months since we sent the application. If we cannot leave after the extension has expired, what would be the next step, what would be the consequence?"
Can we apply for another extension before the approval of this one or not? Because the extension was only for 6 months, which is expiring soon, even they approve it.
I am in the same boat. Nepal sarkar le september ko lagi flight schedule nikaleko cha - https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bFHbwzM3dRuIXsowPAEmrmBChVWrgU5/view?fbclid=IwAR1k5mQNbP5zAUW42joaXEbpCfubUJRN0SjtqZV94-5l1GtaTMQcznTE19k but ticket chai kosari katne tha bhayena.
if anyone knows how to book tickets to nepal for the month of september please comment in this thread. Mero dad mom ko ek barsa huncha yo september end ma..USCIS ma extension file gareko decision aayako chaina. I am not sure if i need to file another extension for next 6 months.
@kanchadai123, same case and have not received the finger print. case was received and have not called USCIS. I mailed them once but they gave me generic email response with "case received" status.
@stupida and others, not the exactly same question and forum you mentioned did not answer the question: can you apply for extension again if the last one is still pending? Our concern is that we don't want them in the situation that they stays here longer than first extension applied and it comes back approved (after six month of application). I found this on search but still does not answer the question.
"Once you get a case number for your I-539 visitor visa extension application you are allowed a maximum of 240 days extra. But that changes once the USCIS makes a decision about your case. If approved they will decide your new departure date. If denied you have 30 days to leave the U.S. If stay beyond this date you will be considered deportable and could find yourself in an uncomfortable situation with the authorities."
@mat - So you are telling me these days that to do B1/B2 visa extension you need finger prints? Can you please show me this somewhere in a reliable source? If it is true, then I am still in year 2016/2017. ;) The last 2 times we did, none required finger prints.
No you cannot apply for 2nd extension while the 1st one is still pending. There can be only one pending cases per visa type and in most cases this is true except few. Like, you can have H1B case and Green card case simultaneously.
If it comes back with approved after six months, it is not your fault. I do not know specific about this. But you can always send a letter to USCIS and ask for new dates based on the circumstances while the case is still pending or make efforts to leave country before the dates you have put on as a requested date (because that was your original plan anyway). Hope this makes sense. If they leave, just send letters to them asking to withdraw the case.
Can you please site a source for 240 days and 30 days info?
Most important, have all docs and make efforts to keep them for long time. You never know when you need them.
@stupida, thanks a lot for clarification. Yes, it is mentioned in the case received letter and they also charge $85 biometric with application. In the received notice they have biometric section, and they said they might call you but not fully sure about it. It is also mentioned here.
I found about days on goggle search (lawyer site) and it seems true.
Thanks for documentation reminder. Yes, I will contact USCIS if my parent cannot go back and seek suggestions. This covid situation is becoming hard and as u said earlier, I will try to enjoy her company as long as it lasts..............
For mom "Hamile ta ke grachhau ra.. maya ta aamale garnuhunchha"
@wai_wai, @sari, the information for getting tickets to Nepal are still very vague at the moment, we are also trying to contact travel agencies.
@mat, @stupida, thanks a lot for the replies, good to know that we are not alone in this situation. We are planning to reach out to USCIS for definite answer. Will update once we get some clarity. These conversations helped a lot, thanks for all the help.
I am also trying to find info about PCR testing. It is said that the PCR result is valid for 72 hours only, does it apply for the first board or also the transit board?
When I call CVS, they mention that the results typically comes in 3-5 business days. So in such a situation, which is already more than 72 hours just to get the result. Anyone here got PCR results within 24-48 hours? Did you go through CVS or any other urgent care/hospital facilities?