H4 or wait for TPS extension (What is the better option?)

Archived from the original Sajha.com — preserved as posted, replies can no longer be added here.
Start a New Discussion
Archived Post

Hello Sajha Friends, I am looking for suggestion on what shall I do? Its real situation which needs proper suggestion, so please share ideas which can be useful My only status for now is TPS. I was in F1 before. I am working under TPS. My husband just got offer from his work to change his status to H1B. What would be my best option to go about changing status? Should I apply along with my husband for COS or should I wait? Since we got news of temporary halt today (http://sajha.com/sajha/html/in... I am pretty hopeful that Nepal will be included soon. So my dilemma is what happens to TPS status once I change from TPS to H4? will the TPS status automatically voids once I apply for H4? If TPS prevails beyond June 24, 2019 and If my status is changed to H4? can I reapply for TPS?

Spandey808 · Oct 4, 2018 10:42 PM · 15,311 views

4 Replies

Keep tps . Also apply for h4. I thought tps was not a status

ajoshinp · Oct 4, 2018 10:59 PM

Just make sure that you apply along with your husband for H4, if doable. Nowadays H4 is taking way more time (12-16 months).

aabb · Oct 5, 2018 6:33 AM

Yes I am thinking of applying along with my Husband but if the halt is extended, will I loose TPS?

Spandey808 · Oct 5, 2018 3:14 PM

@spandey: NO u wont lose tps.

Ruler of the wasteland · Oct 5, 2018 3:22 PM

This conversation is preserved exactly as it was on the original Sajha.com and can't accept new replies.

Start a New Discussion