GC - Consultancy vs. Client [dilemma]

Archived from the original Sajha.com — preserved as posted, replies can no longer be added here.
Start a New Discussion
Archived Post

Company A [Consultancy] PERM Approved, I-140 (regular processing) and I-485 filed concurrently on June 2017. Company B [Client] decided to get rid of all the vendors by next month and offering full time position to all the contractors.Ready to transfer H1b. Dilemma: 1) If I should take a FT job with Company B [Client]. 2) Just stay with Company A [Consultancy] and look for another Client. Thank you for your time.

Basantapur1 · Aug 3, 2017 7:15 PM · 16,855 views

2 Replies

I would just tell the client that you will have ur GC in about 6 months. Ask them if you could just continue for another 6 months as a contractor and join fulltime after that. I am sure they will grant an exception if you are a deserving candidate.

Jetho_Batho · Aug 4, 2017 2:22 PM

485 wait period is more than 6 months these days. AC21 will allow you to change jobs after 6 months. Instead of restarting the process convince employer B to wait for 4 more months in your case. Make sure employer B job deskriptions are same or similar to PERM application filed by A. Last edited: 04-Aug-17 03:13 PM

edipre · Aug 4, 2017 3:11 PM

This conversation is preserved exactly as it was on the original Sajha.com and can't accept new replies.

Start a New Discussion

You might be interested in...

Recent Classifieds View all
Upcoming Events View all
Service Providers View all