Hello friends, If you have been in this situation before. Please help with a good suggestion. I am currently working for a company(consulting), They have applied my H1 and, It got picked. At the same time I got a full time offer from a reputed company but, According to them they said they will not file my H1. I am on opt and i still have valid 2 years of Opt on which i can work also TPS after that. I don't know if i continue working with the consulting, as there is lot of pressure since you know how consulting works. So should i start a fresh as entry level position or continue working with consulting ? Please help me take the right decision. Thanks
nepalikalekto · May 15, 2017 2:55 PM · 17,612 views
I hope TPS gets extended but we cannot be too sure about it.Last edited: 15-May-17 03:36 PM Last edited: 15-May-17 03:50 PM
priyasm · May 15, 2017 3:34 PM
Hey Nepalikalekto I am exactly on same boat,Got picked on H1B lottery this year and also got a offer from Client side to join full time position.But My client won't sponser H1B so kind of struggling to figure out which way to lean. I am thinking about the staying as contractor atleast till I get GC. Guys,any idea about current EB3 processing time? Thanks in Advance!!
Lee_St · May 15, 2017 4:23 PM
Is h1b result for 2018 out ?? Or you guys talking about previous year
guitarcenter · May 15, 2017 7:45 PM
guitarcenter,we are talking about 2018 H1B.Did you also apply for H1B this year?
Lee_St · May 15, 2017 8:00 PM
Yes i did. But havent heard anything from my employer yet. Which is third party. Last time i contacted they said the lawyer who handled the h1b will send receipt and info to employer. So if picked should the applicant be informed by now or still more to come and wait ??
guitarcenter · May 15, 2017 8:32 PM
Yes,lawyer will receive H1B receipt if you were picked in H1B.The way this H1B lottery works is if you get your receipt early(normally within 1 month)then you are selected in H1B.USCIS must send rejection notice by the end of July(last year all notice was delivered on 17 th July) I think you still have some time to find out,keep bugging your lawyer/employer for the update. Good luck!!
Lee_St · May 15, 2017 9:10 PM
Thank you so much Lee. That helped. Will update this thread about outcome which would help future prospect as well.
guitarcenter · May 15, 2017 10:31 PM
The client offers full time but no H-1B. Don't take that job offer. There is no future there anyways and it is weird that don't offer immigration support. Who they expect to find? Like hire someone for 1-2year and let them go. They will realize soon anyways just turn down the offer stating your long term concern. Just stick to the consultancy with H-1B and then move to a new firm since H-1B transfer is really easy. Note that getting picked in the lottery is a super big deal and it is pure luck these day. Also, getting a full time job at a nice firm that offers H-1B is not difficult, I mean there are literally thousands of companies that offer both :)
crolebitho · Aug 30, 2017 10:16 PM
If they don't sponsor then deny their offer. Period. Your ultimate goal should be getting GC. if they can't even sponsor H1b then how could you expect them to sponsor your GC in future? Once you get GC there will be tons of employer with more money. My two cents is you should try to get GC as soon as possible. Immigration system has been changing very rapidly these days if you are following the news. First secure yourself
sajhamitra · Aug 30, 2017 11:01 PM
This conversation is preserved exactly as it was on the original Sajha.com and can't accept new replies.
Start a New Discussion