Posted by: kalidasbhaisaab February 28, 2017
Transfer Huge Money
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        
I agree with the opinion as well. If you go to the Central Ban's website and search for directives on foreign currency transfer (repatriation to International transferee) it is only allowed in very very specific circumstances. It is highly improbable that commercial banks would be able to do wire transfer, in say US Dollars, to remit outside of Nepal. Even if you had a USD bank account, it is not allowed.

So legally (and easily) No. But my friends have use infomal channels in the past. Like someone in need of repatriation here gives you USD and then you give Nepali Rupees to their relatives back in Nepal. All based on trust. Or use Hundi.
Read Full Discussion Thread for this article