Posted by: qlikview226 August 1, 2019
US citizen marrying Nepali citizen in Nepal
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        
nop everything is done in Ward now. no need to go to nagarpalika.

Here are the process needed to be done as of July 2019.
- Get a letter from Ward .Ask someone to get letter from Ward that you have been living in there house for more than 15 Days (because you can only apply marriage certificate after 15 Days of proving residency) Because you are US citizen so you need to provide that doc. Its better to have that from your close relatives rather then Parents ( Cost 5000 for foreigner)
- Get no objection letter from US Embassy that says your are allowed to marry in Nepal (cost $50 )
- Translate the marriage law of your State in Nepali(Notary) and also have copy on thumb drive. go to for state law of marriage.
- Get letter form your future wife ward that state that she has not been married before. If married before then have divorce certificate handy.
- 2 Passport size photo of you and your spouse.
- File the application at District Court (500) and translate that certificate in English (600).

Note -File document after 15 Days
Read Full Discussion Thread for this article