Posted by: bournvita86 March 13, 2019
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        
AJ Joshi is correct - you can choose to apply for an EAD card. USCIS has a created a page to provide update on the status of Ramos case (
A lot of helpful information there including:

-- "TPS beneficiaries with EADs that are auto-extended do not need to apply for a new EAD, but they may if they choose to do so"

-- "TPS beneficiaries who need to demonstrate their continued lawful status to obtain a driver’s license or to a state agency that uses USCIS’ SAVE Program must have alien or I-94 numbers"

In end, it advises that we try to use the power of persuasion in order to convince the state agencies for state documents "While SAVE can verify when an individual has TPS, each agency’s procedures govern whether they will accept an auto-extended TPS-related document. You should present the agency with a copy of the relevant FRN showing the extension of TPS-related documentation in addition to your recent TPS-related document with your alien or I-94 number. You should explain that SAVE will be able to verify the continuation of your TPS. You should ask the agency to initiate a SAVE query with your information and follow through with additional verification steps, if necessary, to get a final SAVE response showing the TPS. You can also ask the agency to look for SAVE notices or contact SAVE if they have any questions about your immigration status or auto-extension of TPS-related documentation."

The way I see it, there is no way around it. I am going to chew up the fees and order a new once they publish the decision for Nepal in Federal Register.
Read Full Discussion Thread for this article