Posted by: Spandey808 August 3, 2018
TPS to F2
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        
Quick update to all whom it may concern.

To change the status from TPS to F2 I do need to get out the country.
The DSO mentioned that, only having I-20 will not automatically change my status from TPS to F2. I have to apply for change of status and I can do that two ways.

1. Get out of the country (go to Nepal or Canada and apply for change of status and stamp visa)
2. Apply for change of status from united states (will take about 9 months)

Now, my concern is back to the advance parole (AP). i want to go Nepal and apply for change of status coz its quick and less painful. I have applied for re-registration of TPS and EAD on June 4th, and haven't heard anything so far on approval. so can I apply for AP now? Do I need any additional documents?

Read Full Discussion Thread for this article