My Nepali passport is going to expire in 2013 and I need to renew it through DC embassy. I already went to website of nepali embassy in DC and looked the required documents needed. However, almost all the links mentioning the requirements are broken in the site and therefore I am asking help from experienced people in sajha who have gone through this process. Below are my queries:
1. Does one need original Nepali citizen certificate and old passport or will old passport suffice?
2. Is birth certificate required to renew passport?
3. I was single when I was issued old certificate whereas I am married now. Do I need to present original marriage certificate even though I am a guy?
4. How safe is it to mail all the documents to the embassy including prepaid envelope?
5. Will it be quicker if I go to the embassy office in person instead of mailing my documents? I live in west coast.
Lastly, I would like to request you not to tell me to call the embassy.. I will do that as well. :)
Hoping to get some answers from my friends who have gone through this process before. Thank you in advance for your reply.