Recently, I have seen a few interesting discussion threads discussing pros and cons of "Permanently going back to Nepal". I have been trying to research the job markets and situations in Nepal through google searchs but with no luck. Many posts in these threads were more helpful than the scant infos you find one the internet. I would like to suggest the administrator of this site to post some anonymous surveys and polls regarding this topic and disclose the results to the sajha visitors. SAN dai/ NAS dai, I don't know who it is, but would that be possible? I think this would be a great source of info for a lot of people. I know sajha has a decent population from the demographics I have questions for. Why not leverage this site for the purpose?
I am particularly thinking of 2 sets of survery questions-one for people who have already returned to Nepal and the other for ones thinking of going back. I don't have good questions in mind right now but I guess, that's where you guys can help. How about we discuss the questions here and the hopefully the administrator could put it up in the front page.
Here are few a I have in mind. These are just some random questions that came out of my mind. Just brain stroming at this point...Would need to be edited later....
1. What degree did you have in the foreign land? Which country? Which field?
2. Are you currently employed in Nepal? Which sector (in Nepal) do you currently work?
3. What is your annual salary? Any benifits included in the job? Current job title?
4. How much is your monthly living expenses in Nepal. # of members in the family?
5. DO you Rent or Own home in Nepal? If rent how much is the rent? How many bedroom house?
6. Which city do you work?
7. Did you have work experience (after school, career related) before you left for Nepal?
8. How many years did you stay in your foriegn land. Input separately for the amount of time spent for education and for work.
9. How much was your salary before you left?
10. How easy was it for you to get your current job in Nepal? Did it involve any unfair means, i. e, source force? Do you believe that you were treated fairly during the application process?
11. Have you started your own business since you came to Nepal?
12. How satisfied are you with your decision to permanently return to Nepal?
13. Would you go back to the foreign land if given a chance again?
and so on...C' mon guys need ideas for the questionaire... Hope you can hep...
Thinking of going to Nepal
1. Why do you want to return to Nepal?
2. What degrees do you currently hold? Which field?
3. How many years have you spent in the foriegn land. Input separately for education and Work.
4. If you are currently working in your related field of study (in the foreign land), what is your annual salary?
5. How much would the salary have to be for you to go back and work in Nepal?
6. What is keeping you from going back home to this day?
Help me here guys...Just starting this thread to gather some questions. Hopefully you'd have better one...and our SAN dai would compile a survery with a handful of selected questions from this list.