[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by micky_micky
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 !!!!!!!OPT to Nepal and Back To USA !!!!!!!!!
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 12-24-09 12:06 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hello All,
I am currently on OPT and working. I just got accepted for PHD for this fall. So, i want to change my status to F1 and visit Nepal this Feb. I want to stay home for 4-5 months (my visa is valid till 2011) and join school from fall. 
Few questions.
Can i return back after staying that long(i heard can't stay more than 3 months when in F1)?
Do i need to apply for visa again?
What are the chances of sending me back from port of entry?
Please Advice.

Posted on 12-24-09 2:52 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Well, I am also thinking about going back and staying there for few month while im here in OPT right now, seems like none is there who has knowledge about this or if someone do also don't want to respond as this is a genuine problem someone is having and needs a serious help.

People would have respond if someone comes with some kind of bullshit that makes me laugh at people and our mentality.

Anyway, still waiting for reply if anyone out there who is willing to share there ideas.

Merry Xmas to ALL

Posted on 12-24-09 5:49 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I had travelled to canada while on OPT. My international advisor told me that I can be out of USA for less than 5 months only.
i was only gone for a week so i did not ask any more questions regarding this issue,

@ the border they cop looked at my passport and i20, asked me if i have proff of sevis registration, when i said no, he made me wait 10 mins and let me go without any more questions.

thats all i have to share, lets hope someone out there knows.
Last edited: 24-Dec-09 05:49 PM

Posted on 12-25-09 8:39 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Any body else PLZ
Posted on 12-25-09 8:50 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

To Night Elf what do u need while travelling to Canada with F1 visa? Please advise. I know that first we have to call US ambassay in Canada and get appointment date and then go to Canadian Ambassy in US . But what r the forms that i need to fill up and take while travelling to Canada?

Thanks for ur help in advance.

Posted on 12-26-09 11:28 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

This is what I did, followed the instructions from Canadian Consulate website (listed below). I sent in all forms and documents (original passport) with a insured and stamped return envelope to the Canadian Consulate office in Buffalo (i was advised that they are faster than the one in New york, both not too far from Boston). For the application fee, I obtained a money order in Canadian dollars from a local post office. No interview was required and a postman delivered my passport with a canadian visa to my address within 2 weeks.

While travelling, i carried my passport, all i-20s, EAD card and a letter from my employer saying I am on vacation and am expected to return to work the following week (this was also sent with the visa application). As I said, they did not look at all those documents when I came back to US.
I hope that helps.


You must provide proof of lawful temporary status in the United States

If you are in the United States with temporary status, please provide:

  • Your US Non-Immigrant Visa, (whether it is in your current passport or an expired passport)
  • The original I-94 card issued by US authorities at the time of your entry into the US

If you are in the United States with B1/B2 status, please provide:

  • Proof of ties to your country of usual residence.

This should include (but is not limited to):

  • Proof of intention to return to that country (e.g.: airline tickets, travel itineraries),
  • Proof of employment (e.g.: letter from employer, recent pay stubs, tax returns),
  • Proof of studies (trans, letter from school) and
  • Proof of funds (e.g.: bank records, property ownership documents).

(If you are visiting a family member in the US, you should also provide proof of that family member's lawful status in the US)

If you are in the United States with F-1 or M-1 status, please provide:

  • Your original SEVIS I-20 form endorsed within the past 12 months by your student advisor for re-entry to the US and
  • Proof of registration for the current term.

you are now in the practical training phase, you should also submit
your employment authorization document and a letter from your employer
or other proof of current employment.)

If you are in the United States with H-1 status, please provide:

  • Your original I-797 approval notice form and
  • A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

If you are in the United States with J-1 status, please provide:

  • Your original DS-2019

If you are in the United States and the holder of a blue-covered US Refugee Travel Document, please provide:

  • A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment or,
  • If you are a student, originals of your most recent tran and proof of current enrolment

If you are in the United States with a diplomatic or official passport, please provide:

  • Anote verbalefrom your office stating the purpose and duration of your travel to Canada
Source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSUS


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
Wedding Costs in Nepal ? Party, Band Baaja !!!!???
6 ÷ 2(2 + 1)=
LAX to Guangzhou to Nepal - CS Air
कोमल ओलि र धिरेन्द्र बिचको अफेयर
This beautiful Traditional Hindu Wedding of Trusha & Neil: have your Pinterest dreams come to life
Length of stay in US for parents after Greencard approval
Any likeminded individual who'd like to invest in RE and grow
Why some girls like to act like your mother instead of girlfriend
Asylum case got terminated because of TPS
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters