I finished my undergraduate degree on December 2016, after graduation I chose to not take the OPT work permit, because I expected the TPS I already had will renew for more extended time. Yet, tragically with the present administration TPS has been terminated and won’t restore after Jun 24, 2019.
I am currently working using my TPS EAD and now I wanted to go back to F1 status and continue my work under CPT. I found various school that issues CPT in a week or less yet I should be on F1 status before I can get a CPT.
- after all the background my QUESTION is what would be best option to REGAIN F1 STATUS ?
1) Take a temporary unpaid leave from work for a week or two then leave united states with Travel Authorization and go to UK and apply for a F1 Visa and enter back to states in F-1 Visa (if approved, fingers crossed) and get CPT from college and continue work.
2) Get the I-20 from college which I can get it by March 1st week and file for re-instatement staying here in USA.
- Would I be able to re-instate back to F1 before June; if anyone have done this before what is the approximate time frame for re-instatement ?
- If I do not get re-instated until June 24, 2019 will I just loose my ability to work because my EAD is expired or would I go out of status as well ?
I'd value any significant criticism.