[Show all top banners]

Khai ko khai ko
Replies to this thread:

More by Khai ko khai ko
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Birth certificate for i485
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 08-27-18 8:16 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Mero birth certificate chaina. Teti Bela registration garne system ni thiyena. Aba I485 MA K pathaune. Naya certificate banaune ki aru kehi letter banaune.
Please help me
Posted on 08-27-18 9:39 PM     [Snapshot: 46]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

1. Go to or send your parents/relatives to respective VDC or ward where you were born and request them to issue you a fresh official birth cert with your birth date, birth place and with parents full name on it. Nowadays most VDC issues the birth cert both in nepali and english on the same page. 

2. Since it will be recently issued document so your birth cert will have latest registration date which is considered as “Delayed registration” by USCIS and they will ask for supporting documents, so have one of the government official from same VDC or ward to write you a official letter stating something as follows which is true in case of our country system 

Subject- About Late Birth Registration of (Your Name) 
To Whom It May Concern: 
Nepal custom doesn't mandate that we register the birth of our children when they are born. It can be registered late by paying a small penalty. This is the reason why Mr. XXXXXX birth was registered late on __/__/ As per Nepal’s Registration Criteria: Birth registration certificates are issued at the request of the concerned person or the concerned person's family. Despite the legal requirement of birth registration in 1976 A.D (2034 B.S), very few Nepalese parents registered the birth of their children at the time of their children’s birth or within a year. Birth registration certificates are often issued long after an individual’s actual birth. 

Name of a Government officer                                       Notarize Stamp                                                             Signature Date 

3. Prepare two affidavits of your parents (from mom & dad-one each) or relatives/ neighbor anyone who has an acknowledgement of your birth. Google the sample of Birth affidavit & prepare as per your circumstances or need. Make sure the affidavits includes your full name/birth place/birthdate as mentioned in your birth cert and full name of person(s) whoever is writing it for you. 

4. If applicable also attach the copies of your School certificate/college certificate that you earned from Nepal, which has your birth date, parents name mentioned on those. All the above should be enough evidences though its a lot of work obtaining them but its always better to be on safe side. 

Disclaimer: I am not an immigration expert or lawyer, I am providing all this informations on the basis of my own extensive research from USCIS website, different public forums and what people have done for the similar issues.
Last edited: 27-Aug-18 09:40 PM
Last edited: 27-Aug-18 09:43 PM

Posted on 08-27-18 10:10 PM     [Snapshot: 87]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Thank you @DavilAngel. I am not sure if I can get number 2 or not.
I know most of us don't have birth registration. So any one with similar case , please share your experience.
Posted on 08-28-18 2:45 AM     [Snapshot: 181]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

As suggested by @DevilAngel, get all 3 as he suggested.
Getting the #2 is not difficult as u might have predicted. These days all VDCs and Municipalities have standard format for these. It does not matter if it is made in VDC or Municipality, current format of making Birth Certificate in English is more or less same across the country (Nepal).

Posted on 08-28-18 8:51 AM     [Snapshot: 282]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Would a family relation document work as well? I have one of those made during the visa application with pictures of family and birth date with gov official signature and stamp.
Posted on 08-28-18 10:49 AM     [Snapshot: 357]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?         Liked by

The following is based on my personal experience. As you requested, I am sharing my experience, which may not be true for every individual.
Neither I nor my wife had the birth certificate. I had mine registered but could not find the original document. So I had my mom request a letter from the municipality (Nagarpalika). They gave me a typed document in the official letter head which is in English only and reads:
"This is to certify that xxxx, son of xxxx and xxxx, is a permanent resident of xxx, was born on mm/dd/yyyy A.D at xxxhospital according to his birth certificate #xxxxx"

That was it. No more documents were requested (regarding BC) and I have my GC now.

In my wife's case, she did not have her registration. Her dad went to the VDC and had them register then. They will use the actual "Janma Darta Praman Patra" template in Nepali, not just a letter as in my case. We used that in addition to its English translation and was accepted by USICS.

Hope this helps.
Posted on 08-28-18 3:38 PM     [Snapshot: 519]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?         Liked by

I been through similar situation twice with USCIS sending me RFE for Birth cert verification. Below is what I did and cleared the issue without any hiccups. Hope this helps for you.
- your first school from back home. Go there and ask them to write a letter in school pad saying "according to school record, this person is child of (your parents) and has birth date of xxxxxx"
- make a 2 copy of affidavt sample, and have them notarized.
(i have sample for them, if you want to send back home. I had hard time to make them understand the need to folks back there. so if you send sample, it helps).

include those 2 copies with below cover letter, you should be good.

(your address & email)
June 22, 2018

PO BOX 852381
Mesquite, TX 75185-2381

RE: Response to "Request for Evidence", File no: (USCIS SRC #)

Dear Sir/Madam:

In response to your "Request for Evidence", Please find the following documents enclosed herewith:

• The "Request for Evidence" letter and the envelope.
• Copy of " Early School Records" for (person name) showing the date of admission, place and date of birth including both parents name.
• Notarized copy of "affidavit letter" from 2 family friends and neighbors who have the personal knowledge of (person name) Birth.

My birth was registered later because it was not prevalent at that time to register the birth of children within a year. Before I came to United State, I did not have my driver license from Nepal. As for religious document, there is no such thing as baptismal or other notable religious events in Hindu culture that would help me to produce "religious certificates".

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.


(your name)

~~~~~~~~ PS. apparently looks like i misunderstood your question. your situation is NOT HAVING a Birth Certificate at all, rather than getting a RFE because of late registration which is what my response is for. USCIS is sending RFE notice more and more recently for late birth registration. Even though it really didn't click to your situation, i am leaving this here with sample letter - hoping this will help someone in need. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited: 28-Aug-18 03:47 PM

Posted on 08-28-18 4:30 PM     [Snapshot: 568]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Okay, this is what I gave to USCIS during my 485 filings. My Dad made this from the local ward office and this was on Kathmandu Metropolitan City office letter pad with city rubber stamp and ward admin name and signature.
Note that I went through the new interview process and my interviewing officer read it and was okay with it.

To Whom it may concern

Sub: Birth Certificate

This is to Certify that Mr. (Your Full Name), Son of (Father and Mom Full Name), permanent resident of Kathmandu ward # was born on (Full Date of Birth) Kathmandu Nepal.

Admin name
and signature.

Last edited: 28-Aug-18 04:32 PM

Posted on 08-28-18 6:40 PM     [Snapshot: 649]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Thank you everyone for sharing your story.
Posted on 09-09-18 2:51 PM     [Snapshot: 1393]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

People at my vdc office are saying, they cannot issue birth certificate now as it is too late. But they can give letter saying I was born there including my parents name. With this document what else I need.
Once again thank you for your help.
Last edited: 09-Sep-18 04:32 PM

Posted on 09-09-18 5:44 PM     [Snapshot: 1438]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

That's not true, they should give u certificate (in fact I had the same issue, I registered my birth at 29). Your mom/dad needs to go to the office and it will be done.
Posted on 09-09-18 6:21 PM     [Snapshot: 1457]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

My dad went there and they are saying they can't give me birth certificate as they started keeping records way after I was born. I even send sample of my friend's birth certificate who got certificate from different place but they say no. So at this point I will not be able to get birth certificate. Any thing they can give me is letter. Any one had same case where they send other documents except birth certificate to uscis.
Last edited: 09-Sep-18 06:23 PM

Posted on 09-09-18 6:35 PM     [Snapshot: 1468]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Khai K bro, i just made the Birth Certificate from the Ward office, it was not that hard.. They already had the sample, my dad provided the new non expired passport and they made it just referring to the passport with the passport number on it and with my parents name on it. I am not sure why they cannot provide it for your case.
Posted on 09-09-18 6:38 PM     [Snapshot: 1473]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

My format for the reference was the same one user provided above:

To Whom it may concern

Sub: Birth Certificate

This is to Certify that Mr. (Your Full Name), Son of (Father and Mom Full Name), permanent resident of Kathmandu ward # was born on (Full Date of Birth) Kathmandu Nepal as per passport number ....... .

Admin name
and signature.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
Ameica Ko Marraige
भाउजु आउनु भाकी छिन रे नि !
Wedding Costs in Nepal ? Party, Band Baaja !!!!???
Why you can't trust the vaccines 100%
Tired of nepali attitude
360 Nepalese Professors in the US Colleges and Universities
Nepal TPS action committee
Indian Worker Attitude
पिन्कुको नया काले हस्पि नाक चुचेय भाते भतुवा
कोमल ओलि र धिरेन्द्र बिचको अफेयर
प्रियंका कार्की फोटो अबलम भाग २ , ३ जून २०१६ copyright @पुन्टर
Immigrants From Honduras and Nepal Are Suing the Trump Administration Over the End of Their Temporary Protected Status
❤ नारी दर्पण ❤
Applying for TPS EAD
Anyone questioning vaccines are getting banned
Bhattarai Vs Nielsen TPS lawsuit
Don't apply Canada Immigration through COLIN R. SINGER
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton in Nepal
Build the Wall-MAGA
Finally tps extended (18 months) ( full statement)
Why you can't trust the vaccines 100%
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters