[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by samrock
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Out of Status filing for Greencard through US citizen spouse
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 08-16-18 3:04 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hi All,

My spouse has been out of status for nearly 1 year and soon I will become US citizen. Will she be allowed to apply for Greencard through me. what kind of issues can we face ? Her previous status was H4. Has anyone been in similar situation ?

Thank you.
Posted on 08-16-18 4:26 PM     [Snapshot: 104]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?         Liked by

unlawful presence is forgiven for USC spouse, you should file her I-130 along with I-485, I-765 & I-131 as soon as you naturalize. Start gathering required documents now such as marriage certificate, spouse birth certificate, relationship evidences etc.

Posted on 08-18-18 3:12 PM     [Snapshot: 448]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Thanks Airman, is that form I-601 A ? looks like for this waiver, applicant need to go out of the country after approval for consular interview.Also, is there bar of 3 year and 10 year depending on 3month to 6 month to more than 1 year of out of status if applicant leaves the country. but if she doesn't leave the country, then it doesn't look like it matters. but you gotta go to home country for interview. I am confused. 
Last edited: 18-Aug-18 03:29 PM

Posted on 08-18-18 4:43 PM     [Snapshot: 493]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

hi, if she is out of status for six month or more and if the spouse is a citizen by naturalization, she must exit the country for change of status and appear the interview, since ur not a native citizen ( naturalization) in that case your spouse may be banned at least 3 years to enter the usa...its pretty hard once ur out of status for mor than 6 month.. im telling u koz my relative had similar experience.. out of status for 8 months later married with a citizen through DV.. been banned 3.9 years to enter usa...
Posted on 08-24-18 2:25 AM     [Snapshot: 940]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

well, after checking with lawyer, if out of status spouse had a lawful entry then there is no need to go back to country for adjustment of status... which can be done by 1-601 A... she can adjust with only I-130 and I-485 no matter how long she is out of status and as long as she doesn't leave the country.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 365 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
Returning to Nepal
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
❤️ सम्मर लभ ❤️
A New Start
I m offered a Job in Bank in Nepal, should i go back ?
~चौतारी १९९~
chat girl -आजो सुक्रबार-२
हाकिमनी संग- आज सुक्रबार -३
भात भन्या भात हो!
मेरो बारे मा दोस्रो अप्डेट्
The Facebook Surprise
Looking for Potential Match
Mnang, Mustang Treking and Our Engagement
जोइटीन्ग्रे aka अमेरिकन नागरिक
यसरी मेरो कुमारत्व गुमेको थियो
मेरो जिन्दगी Java र बाबा मा अड्कियो
तोर्पे लाई मडर्न बनाउने केही उपाय हरु
Presidential rights to assassination rights?
Funny jokes
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton in Nepal
भात भन्या भात हो!
~चौतारी १९९~
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters