[Show all top banners]

Mr. D
Replies to this thread:

More by Mr. D
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 0]
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Health Insurance Suggestions for F1 student on TPS
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 05-15-18 12:18 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hello I was trying to get a good kind of health insurance that I can actually use to go hospitals and do checkups. I know we get insurance from schools but those are really cheap just around 1000 dollars per semester so I dont believe it would cover any doctor visits. I have had those insurance from schools for years, but I dont believe they actually cover anything unless the bills are really high.
Can anyone suggest me what kind of health insurance would be best for F1 students and their dependent like a child. We actually plan on using the insurance to do checkups and not just for immigration requirement purpose.
Posted on 05-15-18 3:13 AM     [Snapshot: 41]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

If it is for a child, there MIGHT be some provisions of free insurance regardless of your immigration status in certain states. Since you are in F1, certain states MIGHT grant free insurance to your child. It is just my assumption based on the experience of one of my friends who was F1, his wife being F2. They were expecting a baby, and the state where they were living refused to provide any kind of insurance to the pregnant mother and the would be child. However, another state provided free insurance to the pregnant mother and the child too. The mother got Medicare or Medicaid (I forgot which one now) during her pregnancy to 6 months after the birth of the child. The baby still has same insurance based on the fact that the father, F1, and the mother, F2, still do not earn any money in the USA. He took help from his friend and sent his pregnant wife to that state, and later, he also transferred. So basically, it is based on the state. You may want to check the county where you are living to find out what sort of insurance is available for your wife and the child though your situation is little different since your child is already born. I am hopeful that states like Texas, California, Illinois might have some provision for your child. NOT sure about you and your wife though.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
How long does it take to get I485 approved?
TPS Timeline
H-1B 2018/2019: कसैको approval notice आयो?
👭 👭 👭 👭 देसी भाभी 👭 👭 👭 👭
TPS to GC (PERM-I140-I485) TimeLine
कोमल ओलि र धिरेन्द्र बिचको अफेयर
मेरो बागडोलमा रहेको घर मा छोरी को नाता ले पूर्वराष्ट्रपति लाइ स्वागत छ
consultancy le sue garne dhamki diyechha
Say No to HR392- The Bill that can make Employment based green card impossible for ROW countries
पिन्कुको नया काले हस्पि नाक चुचेय भाते भतुवा
GC question
हल्का सजेसन् पाउन
Indian Worker Attitude
Sad News about Cool Pokhrael
तुरन्त सम्पर्क गर्नु होस् !
वोकिल *** नेपालसंग सतर्क रहनुहोश
****जति गर्दा पनि मो:मो जुसी भएन ! ****
Federal judge temporarily blocks TPS from ending...WHat abt Nepal?
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters