[Show all top banners]

Sahara Koirala
Replies to this thread:

More by Sahara Koirala
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 transkript equivalency help
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 01-17-18 7:00 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

hi all,
im trying to start undergraduate degree here in usa ( never had any degree in usa) my college asked me to evaluate my degree via WES ( world education services) the WES asked me to send my nepal trancript in a sealed envalop directly from institution which is HSEB ( im trying to equivalent my higher secondary education and trying to get enrolled in AAS degree here ..maile +2 gareko 8 10 barsa bhai sakyo... anyone have idea HSEB ley tyo service dincha ? I mean will they send my transkript to my college here in sealed an signed ?? any inputs will be appreciated

Posted on 01-17-18 7:19 PM     [Snapshot: 9]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

What is your visa status? Are you a permanent resident? Different rules apply based on your status.
Posted on 01-17-18 7:45 PM     [Snapshot: 29]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        
Posted on 01-17-18 8:04 PM     [Snapshot: 31]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I don't think you need to equivalent your +2 level courses.
Here are the steps you wanna consider:
1) Give TOEFL & SAT(Send the score directly to your college)
2) Fill out the application online at least couple of months before the deadline date
3) Make photocopies of your +2 transkripts. Go to your bank, have them all your photocopies attested. They will put stamp in your photocopies.
4) Open Mircosoft word document, type a letter to your college saying that Nepal do not have a system of sending transkript like in the US, therefore you are sending them the attested photocopies.
5) Fill out FAFSA to get financial aid.
Last edited: 17-Jan-18 08:05 PM

Posted on 01-17-18 8:16 PM     [Snapshot: 54]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


but what is bank attested thing didnt get it could u please eloborate .. regarding sat n toefl do u think its necessary even for undergraduate degree... could u please she a bit of light tks
Posted on 01-17-18 8:34 PM     [Snapshot: 68]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Bank is just an example, you can go to any other government office like city hall to attest your photocopies. When you attest your photocopies, it makes it official. Colleges accepts official copies.

Regarding TOEFL & SAT: Most of the good universities require SAT. Check your college website in admission requirement tab. Some colleges don't require SAT. It depends on which university you are applying. Students who did their +2 from non-english speaking countries are usually required to take TOEFL. Check the admission criteria directly on the website of your college. All the necessary items are listed on the college website.

You mentioned it's been more than 10 years since you did your +2, I recommend you give TOEFL & SAT. It will be a good review for you.
Posted on 01-18-18 12:41 AM     [Snapshot: 158]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hello Sahara Koirala ,

After Reading your story, for a moment I remembered my position 5 months ago. May be My story is little different than yours but I hope this will atleast give you a little heads up about where to start from. I applied for the Grad program for Spring 2018 . The University asked for the WES evaluation like in your case and here what I did
1. I had Undergrad from T.U (7 years ago). So to get the Transkript Officially Stamped from
the Office of Controller (T.U in my case). I send my Undergrad Transkript and degrees to
Nepal via Fedex .
2. Here in US I browsed the WES site and paid some money to get the WES Reference #
3. My family back home with the received credentials and WES Ref # went to T.U and
processed the things to get the Officially Sealed Stamped Transkript in a envelop.
4. My Family send me that sealed Envelop as it was received from T.U.
5. After Receiving my package from Nepal I mailed it to WES .
6. After 2-3 Weeks WES completed their Evaluation and Send to my applied University .
7. University received the evaluation copy and they started their own processing.

This is my story hope this helps you!

Posted on 01-18-18 7:51 AM     [Snapshot: 196]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

tks pyarosaja for the input , pretty much my situation .. how do u approach tu for the crediantials?? do u need any letter from us university asking tu for the information or anything similar?? ani did tu ask for ur original transkript koz its with me here in us ani do we need to give them WES Ref # in order to proceed .. i would sincerely appreciate ur inputs

Posted on 01-18-18 10:17 AM     [Snapshot: 241]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Slightly different route as you are a PR: what about you join a community college now (no SAT and no ToEFL required, or you can enroll 3 cr. English to waive ToEFL requirement) and then transfer to a good school in fall. A DV winner relative bhai did the same in GA and moved to a good university in TX a year later. The CC accepted HSEB transkript after he went there to show them the original.

Posted on 01-18-18 11:05 AM     [Snapshot: 272]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

lamjung tks for response .. ya im just trying to apply community college for now. do u tthink comunity college will accept hseb transkript if shown original..can u please share ur experience if possible share then name of cc that accept transkript without evaluation

Posted on 01-18-18 11:19 AM     [Snapshot: 284]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Just sent you the details by DM. Good luck!
Posted on 01-18-18 11:26 AM     [Snapshot: 298]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

#lamjung thank u very much :)

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 365 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
Vote for Hillary for President not Bernie 2016
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
Ek chhoti si kahani ( True story )
किन पढ्नु अमेरीकामा???
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
साथी को माइजु सित
How to Start a new Business?
मेरो बागडोलमा रहेको घर मा छोरी को नाता ले पूर्वराष्ट्रपति लाइ स्वागत छ
तुरन्त सम्पर्क गर्नु होस् !
मेरो जिन्दगी Java र बाबा मा अड्कियो
Sajha is out of control - NAS must be stopped
Indian Worker Attitude
ईम्पोर्टयान्ट मेस्सेज फ्रम अन्डर्वियर!!!
very Imp for Nepalese who are on TPS...But help from every nepalese would be great.great..Please Nepali daju ra didi and uncle auntie haru help garnu hola
Tax experts need salah
Some Nepalis are not real Nepali.
Please i need help,i failed Nclexrn 5 times
How to differentiate a PAKHE from a SHAHARIA
Want to Open a Business in Nepal (Probably Restaurant)...Give me some Ideas !
Planning to go back to Nepal for good. Please advise.
sarai chada vaye keti haru
Don't apply Canada Immigration through COLIN R. SINGER
.NET Training Registration **Serious Students**
अर्चना पनेरुले बिहे पश्चात एस्तो अस्लिल भिडियो सार्वजनिक गरे
राई कान्छा र धोति
मुजी चोर धोतिहरु
Nidda Devkota?
Crypto Marktet, Investment, Coinbase, Gdax,
How to differentiate a PAKHE from a SHAHARIA
Finally tps extended (18 months) ( full statement)
Ek chhoti si kahani ( True story )
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
Vote for Hillary for President not Bernie 2016
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters