[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by followthesun
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 Passport Expiring!
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 03-07-16 12:28 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

My passport is expiring in June 2016. I am applying for H1 in this April (2016) and currently i am in OPT STEM. Is there anyway i can send my application form to my parents in Nepal and get my passport before April 1st which is the time my lawyer sends my profile for H1. Since it takes three month for Nepal Embassy to renew my passport.

Does anyone have idea of filling H1 while passport is expiring within two months?

Can i file my application for H1 with the passport expiring in two months and send my passport for renewal in Nepal through embassy?

Appreciate for any suggestion.
Posted on 03-07-16 10:10 AM     [Snapshot: 116]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Get copies of all the pages of current passport, You can submit those, I did the same thing.
Posted on 03-07-16 12:44 PM     [Snapshot: 185]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Mine took roughly 7-8 months.
Posted on 03-07-16 4:36 PM     [Snapshot: 248]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

You can't send documents to Nepal and your parents filed the application on behalf of yours. You must be present there to apply. If you are in hurry then you can apply PP in person in Nepalese Embassy in DC. It will take one month max to receive the passport. I don't know where are you located and it might cost you more to fly to DC but that way you can get the passport on time.
Posted on 03-07-16 10:48 PM     [Snapshot: 308]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

rahasya, thanks for the info. I am in currently in dallas and no way i can go to DC to get my passport. So, for rite now i will just apply for my H1 with my old passport and wait for my new passport to arrive. i just mailed my application in embassy for new passport processing. so all i can do is wait to get the new passport.
Posted on 03-09-16 10:46 AM     [Snapshot: 424]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Just call and ask the embassy. Or look at the embassy website.

They can issue you a temporary passport good for one year within 15 days. It costs $20 or so more.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
Vintage Pictures of Kathmandu
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
❤️ चिक्नी चमेली ❤️
🚨🚨🚨 नाज'स् वर्ल्ड 🚨🚨🚨
ट्रंप २०२०
प्रियंका कार्की फोटो अबलम भाग २ , ३ जून २०१६ copyright @पुन्टर
Love Letters From The Past--SITARA
डर लाग्न थालेको छ |
Conservative discussions
जोडि त भाग्यले जुराउँछ - हिरोइन स्वेताले यसरि दोश्रो पटक बिहे गर्न लागिन
The Great Himalayan Cable Car
How to be productive at work?
Ushering in new era of communism ...
ॐ श्री स्वस्थानी ब्रत कथा
dirty version of Jaalma(filili) for NAS, DIVORCE GUY AND SAJHASEXY
Court Oder New Green Card Rule for TPS Holder
Stocks 2021!
प्रियंकाले जस्तै आयुष्मानले पनि थर फेरे .. आमाले भनेपछि
when will US embassy in Nepal resume visa service?
म अम्रिकामा adjust हुन सकिन :(
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters