[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by nepaliketoy
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 I 485 Birth Certificate
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 11-06-14 4:15 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

My passport is based on Jhapa and in all my immigration forms where I have to fill place of birth I have been filling it as Jhapa. I asked my parents to send me my birth certificate for I 485 and I got my hospital birth certificate. According to it I was born at patan hospital. So does this birth certificate is going to work or is it going to confuse USCIS since in all of my immigration forms I have been filling it Jhapa as place of birth also in my passort its listed as Jhapa and now in actual birth certificate I was born at Patan. Please let me know.

Last edited: 06-Nov-14 04:16 PM
Last edited: 06-Nov-14 04:18 PM

Posted on 11-06-14 4:27 PM     [Snapshot: 24]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

It should not matter since birth certificate is just a proof of what country you were born not the city or place. Just to be on the safe side i would suggest you to notarize the documents.
Posted on 11-07-14 2:11 AM     [Snapshot: 204]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I think birthplace is the one mentioned on the Birth certificate! You need to go by birth certificate. If they are confuse, they might issue RFE! Can you write a letter to US embassy and get a letter stating it was misprinted or get a new passport! But please noteazied the document how u come to realize discrepency so late as birth- crrtificate has no use in Nepal,and Correct 1 is on the birth Certificate. USCIS can be such a pain to work with. So please verify and correct all discrepency before you file. You don't want to wait until you get RFE which will further delay the Processing times.
K tyo birth certificate english ma cha Patan ko? Natra can jhapa give you a birth certificate!! You have to fill birthplace pretty much in all forms such as I- 485, I-131, I-765 n so on! Also send originalm translated document together/ notrazied by lawyers if possible. Better be safe than sorry:)

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
How long does it take to get I485 approved?
Anyone renewed their passport through DC embassy lately?
Wedding Costs in Nepal ? Party, Band Baaja !!!!???
Returning to Nepal
Udus killer spray
TPS to GC (PERM-I140-I485) TimeLine
वाह ! मन्त्री ज्यु वाह !
How much saving you have?
Four Characters and My Funeral
जवान नेपाली केटीसँग विवाह गर्नुहोस्
kta kt ho don’t buy house
म:म पकाउने भाडा
Process for Visa
TPS EAD rejected: Help
Transfer 1.5 crore rupees to USA from Nepal
Mnang, Mustang Treking and Our Engagement
Portrait for a Cause - Nepal Earthquake Fundraiser
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters