[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by babuyogi
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Is there a way to extend our opt if we work in a company that doesn't do e-verify ?
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 01-18-14 11:24 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I was wondering if anyone went through this situation of extending opt. If graduated from STEM program
you can have a 12 month of opt and then extend for 17 months if you get a job in similar field of your study
but it requires us to have a job from a company that does e-verify. I found few universities lab research
assistant job where they do not do e-verify. Can anyone share your experience suggestion possible ways if there are any.


Posted on 01-18-14 2:29 PM     [Snapshot: 118]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

To extend your OPT , your company MUST involve in e-verify. Its better you go to consultancy or get married with US citizen to maintain your status. Mero sathi po pani yestai problem thiyo, tara usle bihe garera hariyo patta nikalyo ani afnai field ma kaam payo.
Posted on 01-19-14 8:42 AM     [Snapshot: 267]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Thank you Seafood for the suggestions.
Posted on 01-19-14 10:34 AM     [Snapshot: 333]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

You seem to be just 'me few months ago'. Graduated with STEM degree, worked in university research lab, but university did not enroll in E-verify program. I tried to extend the OPT for 17 month but unsuccessful. I found no way that I could extend the OPT for another 17 month. Immigration officer/HR told me that my employment would be terminated as my EAD expires.This led me to apply for change of status.
Posted on 01-19-14 11:58 AM     [Snapshot: 368]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Is the extended OPT specific to an everified employer or you can switch employer after getting the new EAD? It may not work and I really don't know anything about it, but this is just a wild idea:
1. Before your current EAD expires, contact e-verified dhoti consultancy and get a job offer
3. Apply immediately for extension using that job offer (from everified consultancy), but never join their job.
3. Use the new EAD card to continue current employment after your current EAD expires.
Posted on 01-19-14 7:51 PM     [Snapshot: 463]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

watever _ or - said is the best solution you have for now. USCIS needs name and everify number of employer and job offer letter . So without everify number, you can not extend your opt.
Posted on 02-16-15 1:11 PM     [Snapshot: 1021]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

@babuyogi, did it work? I am in the same situation and I would like to find out it it worked

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
A New Start
chat girl -आजो सुक्रबार-२
हाकिमनी संग- आज सुक्रबार -३
भात भन्या भात हो!
मेरो बारे मा दोस्रो अप्डेट्
❤️ सम्मर लभ ❤️
The Facebook Surprise
Looking for Potential Match
जोइटीन्ग्रे aka अमेरिकन नागरिक
यसरी मेरो कुमारत्व गुमेको थियो
तोर्पे लाई मडर्न बनाउने केही उपाय हरु
मेरो जिन्दगी Java र बाबा मा अड्कियो
Wedding Costs in Nepal ? Party, Band Baaja !!!!???
मैले पीउन के छाडे थे जिउनै बिर्सेछु
Stock ley dherai lai dubayo
Looking for a man
Funny jokes
Presidential rights to assassination rights?
भात भन्या भात हो!
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters