[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by pinpoint
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

sabaiko satru
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Living in the States permanently
Keywords associated with this thread

Permanent US Resident Grad School Visa Green card Undergrad
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 12-28-13 12:46 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

After spending three years towards an undergrad engineering degree in the States, I have decided that I want to live here permanently for a multitude of personal reasons. I know it is a difficult process but I am willing to give my best shot. I feel somewhat uncomfortable in mentioning that one of my primary short term life goals is to be a permanent resident here, nevertheless I am 100% sure this is what I want. Right now, I am thinking about whether I want to take up a job or go to grad school after I graduate. Since I have no preference whatsoever (I would enjoy both) and money doesn't affect my decision, I think the the best way to answer this question is to answer this "What is the fastest/easiest way to become a permanent resident in the United States (besides marriage/asylum routes)?"

Would getting a masters/doctoral degree make it less painful or increase my chances to get a green card? Or would getting a job that will sponsor me be quicker? I am a beginner when it comes to immigration topics and although I have heard the terms EB2/EB3 in conversations, I don't really know what they precisely mean. 

I would appreciate any suggestions and directions to more information.

Posted on 12-28-13 1:47 PM     [Snapshot: 81]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I'm glad you spoke up and money is not an issue for you. In that case, the easiest route could be EB-5 visa. Just make sure, once you get your feet in, try to help other fellow Nepalese aspirants as well.
Good Luck

Posted on 12-28-13 7:52 PM     [Snapshot: 425]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Get married to a US Citizen. 
Posted on 12-29-13 1:26 PM     [Snapshot: 774]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

It seems like having a PhD degree, you can apply for residency independently. But do not join PhD if the main goal is to just get a residency. But if you have a passion in some research field then it is a good way.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
Returning to Nepal
coding at age of 45
वा अमेरिका !! थू अमेरिका !! दलदल अमेरिका
लिङ्ग को आकर कत्रो?
TPS to GC (PERM-I140-I485) TimeLine
Travelling via Europe
How to get benefits for parents after Greencard
Controversial article but worth the read! Himalayan Times
गुन्द्रुक को झोलाँ.......
Insurance for dv lottery winner
need room in Richmond VA
Why most of the items purchased in Amazon are not authentic?
TPS officially extended till Jan 4, 2021
Check out HOW TO : workout Videos
Nepali chef in London shoots for the stars
लक्ष्मण गाम्नागे- Best
Funny jokes
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters