[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Bringing parents to US
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 10-20-13 9:40 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hi all,

If you have been through this process your input is highly appreciated.

 According to USCIS, for a citizen, to sponser his/her parents greencard followings are required.
  • Form I-130
  • A copy of your birth certificate showing your name and the names of both parents
  • A copy of your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or U.S. passport if you were not born in the United States
  • A copy of your parents’ civil marriage certificate
My situation is
------- My Birth certificate from ward office only mentions my father's name.
        (Is it enough? or you did provide any document in addition? Please share!)

------- My parents got married more than 39 years ago in village.
        (How and where can one get the civil marriage certificate showing that data in nepal? They live in kathmandu now.  Please share!)

Thanks all !!

Posted on 10-22-13 3:00 PM     [Snapshot: 319]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Anyone, please!!

Posted on 10-22-13 3:28 PM     [Snapshot: 342]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I don't think you need their marriage certificate. But yes, I am pretty sure they want to see both of your parent's name in the BC. Get a new BC. 

My logic of you not needing their marriage certificate is based on the fact that YOU are inviting them and your BC (later) shows them connected to you. If he or she were trying to invite she or he, then their marriage certificate would come into picture. 

I could be wrong though. Good luck!

Posted on 10-22-13 5:36 PM     [Snapshot: 383]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

The ward office can verify that your father is .........and mother is ..............with photographs attached. This is called natapramanit. I think, this may work in your case. Just my thought.
Posted on 10-22-13 5:47 PM     [Snapshot: 403]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Besides whatever process, the US Embassy in Nepal is asking the proof of relation via DNA test. It's all random. Don't be surprised if you're one of them!
Posted on 10-22-13 10:29 PM     [Snapshot: 517]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

hey man, its call nata pramanit you can do from where you was born . translate it to english and you know the rest when it comes to Nepal it is not so so hard to get the right papers.
Posted on 10-22-13 10:54 PM     [Snapshot: 533]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 90 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
हाकिमनी संग- आज सुक्रबार -३
Looking for Potential Match
chat girl -आजो सुक्रबार-२
Wedding Costs in Nepal ? Party, Band Baaja !!!!???
Looking for a man
अनभिज्ञ तिमी
हाम्रो #Quarantine समयको सदुपयोग
पुलिसनी संग - आज शनिवार - अन्तिम भाग
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
कोरोना बैनीलाई खुल्ला पत्र
Kattu dherai dekhaye pachhi
लिङ्ग को आकर कत्रो?
आँचलको लेहेंगा ra मारुती ८०० कार आउने
US upcoming recession --- is it good time to buy house when rates are low or is it good time to wait recession?
नेपाली समुदायको भारी समर्थन Iowa caucus मा Bernie Sanders लाई - PHOTOS
Where to buy land in nepal?
तुलसीले अन्तत् हार स्वीकारीन्
Why you should vote for Bernie Sanders
Presidential rights to assassination rights?
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters