ood luck with everyone who's been waiting for this news!
Attached is the 2012 MAVNI INFORMATION SHEET which came out just today!
Military Accessions Vital tothe National Interest (MAVNI) is a recruiting program which allows certainlegal, non-citizens to enlist in the Army. The Army is enlisting Soldiers with critical language and culture skillsand accessing individuals who are licensed Health Care Professionals into theOfficer Corps.
Benefits for the Soldier:
· Soldiersmay apply to receive expedited citizenship. The goal is to naturalize all Soldiers by the time they graduate fromten weeks of Basic Training. Soldierswho enlist in this program are able to move from non-immigrant visa orasylee/refugee/ TPS status directly to citizenship, bypassing the lengthy GreenCard process.
· Militaryservice is an honorable profession that provides a steady income with benefitsfor Soldiers and family members, first class training, educational benefits,and may open the door to future opportunities.
1. Individuals must be in one of the followingcategories at the time of their enlistment:
· non-immigrantcategories E, F, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, TC, TD, TN, U OR V
· asylee,refugee, Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
2. They must be legally present in the U.S. fora minimum of 2 years without a single extended absence over 90 days.
3. Must meet certain Army criteria toinclude: a high school diploma, plus qualifyingscores on the Armed Forces Qualification Test and proficiency test in thenative language.
Current languages recruited:
Albanian ･Amharic ･Arabic ･Azerbaijani ･ Bengali ･Burmese ･Cebuano ･ Cambodian-Khmer ･Chinese ･ Czech ･ French (with citizenship from an African Country) ･ Georgian ･ HaitianCreole ･Hausa ･ Hindi ･ Igbo ･Indonesian ･Korean ･ Kurdish ･ Lao ･ Malay ･ Malayalam ･ Moro (Tausug/Maranao/Maguindanao)･ Nepalese ･ Pashto ･Persian Dari ･ Persian Farsi ･Portuguese ･ Punjabi ･ Russian ･ Sindhi ･ Serbo-Croatian ･Singhalese ･Somali ･Swahili･Tagalog ･ Tajik ･Tamil ･Thai ･ Turkish ･Turkmen ･ Urdu(with citizenship from Pakistan or Afghanistan) ･ Uzbek ･Yoruba
Current medical specialties recruited:
Regular Army (Active Duty): General Dentist, ComprehensiveDentist, Oral Surgeon, Pediatrician, Psychiatrist, Internal Medicine, FamilyPractice, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Science Officer,Entomologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Psychologist,Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Anesthetist
Army Reserve: General Dentist, Comprehensive Dentist, Prosthodontist,Oral Surgeon, Preventive Medicine, Urology, Anesthesiologist, Ophthalmology,Otolaryngologist (ENT), Psychiatrist, Family Physician, General Surgeon,Thoracic Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, Emergency Medicine, Entomologist, LicensedClinical Psychologist, Physician Assistant, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
If interested in the MAVNIlanguage program please enter your information at the following website:www.goarmy.com/info/mavniand visit your local recruiter.
Ifinterested in the MAVNI Health Care Professional program please enter yourinformation at the following website:www.goarmy.com/info/mavni/healthcareand visit your local recruiter.
PS: This announcement has just been made earlier this morning (9/27) at Pentagon. I heard the news even before USAREC people got it. So, not all USAREC personnel may be aware of this yet. However, they will hear it pretty soon.
PS2: I know that the goarmy.com website about the MAVNI program still shows the status as on hold. I notified USAREC about this, and they are working on revising the website as of this moment.