[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by sakuntalasharma
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 Question about the US Green Card
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 08-13-10 10:46 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hi Nepali bandhus, I am here in the US for the past eleven years, all the time in the student visa (F-1). My husband and one child are my dependents (F-2). We happened to have another child in the US too (so the babyboy is the US citizen by birth).

I am looking for the job after my ph. d. graduation this Summer. I am now woking as a volunteer in a City Hall and in my OPT.

I just heard that after continuously residing in this country for ten years and with the child as the US citizen, one "might" be able to apply for permanent residency. However, I visited the immigraion website but did not find any such rules.

My children do not wish to return to Nepal, and my husband and I do not want to be out of status.

What will be the ways of obtaining the Green Card for me and my family [husband and the child]? I would be very grateful to you if you have any good thoughts about this. I am also thinking of applying as an EB1a category but are there other options for me? Any suggestions?


Posted on 08-14-10 2:38 AM     [Snapshot: 106]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Eleven years and never applied for Gc? Wow!
After Phd you can get a job and apply from your employer
The way u r talking abt, no idea

Posted on 08-14-10 4:09 AM     [Snapshot: 128]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

For example, if I do not have the suitable job within this year, what are the options? That is my query.
Posted on 08-14-10 5:45 AM     [Snapshot: 145]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


I think it would be better if you get a good Lawyer and get some help. I also heard that if you continuously study in US for more than 10 Years then you can apply for GC. Since You are already going to Finish Phd, Why don't you apply for good job and Remember EB1 is always current? There are no delays in it and you will get GC in matter of months.

Posted on 08-14-10 7:40 AM     [Snapshot: 180]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

 Thank you, EB1a is on the table, and i have lots of academic publications too. I would be very happy to return to Nepal and begin some good work. BUT children wish to stay here. My husband also has the similar intention. So, I am trying to know whether our Nepali friends have any such ideas.

I looked at the 10 yr thing but could not find any such rule on the INS and other websites. Something like this may have existed for those who stayed for more than ten years before 1972.

Anyway let me see more responses from our well experienced friends....Have a good day!

Posted on 08-14-10 9:26 AM     [Snapshot: 252]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I never heard such thing till now. If that was possible, then everybody would be talking about it. There might be some other stuff, a way around , but not  simply with 10 years of stay or study in US. If that was possible then lot of people would have already got their green card. You might wanna look for some other way. Look like you have a good degree, you might get sponsor from your work.
Posted on 08-14-10 11:15 AM     [Snapshot: 329]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Dear still_snake,

I did not believe in this either, so just asked our friends on sajha.com

Personally, there is no problem; EB1a is already in place and i will get the GC within few months.

but if there are opinions, such things can help other friends. Thank you!

Posted on 08-14-10 11:27 AM     [Snapshot: 338]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I am sure you have done enough research for EB1 against your qualification. I would suggest you to think for EB2NIW too, if your field is close to national interest. Send your resume to few lawyers for free evaluation. They would give you honest opinion on your resume and the right category!!!

Posted on 08-14-10 4:42 PM     [Snapshot: 440]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

yes this is why the republicans trying to change 14th amendment, people will intentionally marry and give birth to children so that one day their anchor children will help them to get residency card

Posted on 08-14-10 4:49 PM     [Snapshot: 447]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Thank you, everyone, for the inputs, and it will help understand the legal process more...
Posted on 08-14-10 7:32 PM     [Snapshot: 530]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

10 year and permanent residency is in UK not USA as far as i know. If you happen to know how that is possible please let me know. 
people like you should deserve respect but fking american immigration system , it rewards the fake asylum seekers and brings 55k losers every year than to have someone with phd reside and contribute the country. fking highschool dropout are running the immigration system.. fkkkkk

Posted on 08-14-10 10:39 PM     [Snapshot: 634]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

ya try eb1 , good luck

Last edited: 14-Aug-10 10:42 PM


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
Ameica Ko Marraige
भाउजु आउनु भाकी छिन रे नि !
Wedding Costs in Nepal ? Party, Band Baaja !!!!???
Why you can't trust the vaccines 100%
Tired of nepali attitude
360 Nepalese Professors in the US Colleges and Universities
Nepal TPS action committee
Indian Worker Attitude
पिन्कुको नया काले हस्पि नाक चुचेय भाते भतुवा
कोमल ओलि र धिरेन्द्र बिचको अफेयर
प्रियंका कार्की फोटो अबलम भाग २ , ३ जून २०१६ copyright @पुन्टर
Say No to HR392- The Bill that can make Employment based green card impossible for ROW countries
Immigrants From Honduras and Nepal Are Suing the Trump Administration Over the End of Their Temporary Protected Status
❤ नारी दर्पण ❤
Applying for TPS EAD
Anyone questioning vaccines are getting banned
Don't apply Canada Immigration through COLIN R. SINGER
Build the Wall-MAGA
Finally tps extended (18 months) ( full statement)
Why you can't trust the vaccines 100%
महानियिका प्रियंका कार्कीजीलाइ खुल्ला पत्र !
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters