[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by BathroomCoffee
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 What to do with your ax Rebate $$$
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 05-08-08 2:30 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

The  federal government is sending each and every one of us a rebate check. If
we  spend it at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China . If we spend it on
gasoline,  the money will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go
to India .  If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras
and  Guatemala.  If we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan. If we purchase
useless crap it will go to Taiwan?and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep the money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes, weed,
beer and tattoos since these are the only products still  produced in the USA .

Thank you for your help and please support the  US...


Posted on 05-08-08 2:34 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

If we purchase weed, a good share of the money will go to Mexico

If we purchase beer, a good share of the money will go to Germany, Holland and other European countries.


Posted on 05-08-08 2:41 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

BathroomCoffee federal government didn't send each and everyone of us stimulus amount. Those who could independently file tax return got the rebate cheque. It excluded many of us like me and whom I was dependent on, even the person I was depended upon had SS number.

So, don't have any choice ! Whether to spend or not !


Posted on 05-08-08 2:50 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I will go to Nepal for a visit. The ticket money will go to US? But at least I will have chance to go to Nepal.
Posted on 05-08-08 2:52 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Could you clarify your situation Sampada??

Posted on 05-08-08 3:13 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I am dependent on H1 visa. So, anyone having H1 visa having somone dependent on them cannot get stimulus amount.

Posted on 05-09-08 4:13 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


your dependent should have filed jointly including your TIN ,

that way you guys would have been eligible for a max amount of 1200 dollars.,

so just dont blame the federals , its ignorance on your part..........

be aware next year

Posted on 05-09-08 4:52 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


We have been filing jointly for past 2 yrs but I am sure we are not receiving that amount because the guy who our tax return told . More than that there is an federal site, that tell you if you are elligible or not for stimulus amout, if the person on whom I am dependent on enters his/her SS number.

So make sure  that you proplerly know the thing before posting to sajha. Don't show your ignorance here !


Posted on 05-09-08 6:30 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Back to the main theme of the thread,,I will go to some titty bar and spend it over my favorite gal (stripper) tips. lapdance and nightout...

Posted on 05-09-08 10:00 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I ve counted that money as my fee for summer semester. So im working less hours. In that way my money goes nowhere out of america.           lol lol

Posted on 05-10-08 12:05 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


H1 Visa holders r considered as citizens while filing taxes.Only for tax purposes ,u r treated as citizen.So,I know,u should be getting it. I don't know why that guy who filed your tax said u won't be getting anything.Just check and find out.If u had filed online u should get by now,but if u had mailed your tax papers,then,I think u'll get only in the middle or end of may(I forgot the exact date.).




Posted on 05-11-08 2:13 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


i dont know why u and u r husband are being treated by fed as special ones,

but the truth is if u r filing tax return as resident (as H1 visa is), u should be earning enough to be eligible for the economic stimulus,

i had not much earnings previous year, but still i got 300 dollars in rebate, so at least u guys should be getting 600 dollars, as per the rule.

so, make sure with the guy who did u r tax return

Posted on 05-11-08 2:17 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

and as per the topic,

i m not gonna do anything with that money, but just let it be there

now i can say that i also do have some bucks in my checking

feel soooooooooo gooodddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 05-11-08 9:34 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

The Onion says this guy burned it to stay warm. You gotta love them


Economic Stimulus Check Burned For Warmth

HELENA, MT—Saying the extra bit of kindling material couldn't have come at a better time, 43-year-old school teacher Tim Donaldson received his $618 rebate check from the Internal Revenue Service Tuesday, and then immediately burned it to provide warmth for his wife and two sons. "It gets pretty cold here at night," said Donaldson, adding that with 75 percent of his take-home pay going toward car and mortgage payments, his children's schooling, and his wife's medical bills, the rare opportunity to sleep in a warm house for a night was much appreciated. "I just want to thank the government for sending such a large check. It burned for quite a while." Donaldson, who could not afford matches or fuel to light the check, said he made do by placing the envelope's clear plastic address window at an angle underneath the sun to spark the initial flame, which his family then huddled around until they fell asleep.

Posted on 05-11-08 11:48 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Bideshi and Chyantu,

I think you guys are not getting what I am saying. Let me give me an e.g.

Chyantu you are in H1 visa and you filed for the tax last year so you are getting this year tax return as well as rebate this year.

But suppose you had someone dependent on you ( they will have H4B visa), it may be your child or spouse. Since H4B visa holders will not have valid SSN (they'll just have ITN thats the identification used for the tax purpose). Hence even though you filed for tax last year, you will be getting this years tax return but not the rebate amount.

This because your dependent don't have valid SSN no or in other way he/she cannot independently have the tax return. I guess you'll understand it now. Please to www.irs.gov site for more information.



Posted on 05-12-08 2:01 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

oh ok sampada, i got it now. so you didn't get the check. sorry to hear that...
Posted on 05-12-08 5:16 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

learn proper english first because IRS no habla espanol. Or, we can work on your behalf but let us know in Nepali because your english is like chi-jap-spa nglish.
Last edited: 12-May-08 05:18 AM


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 7 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
बिहे गर्न अगाडी प्रियांकाले आफ्ना शुभेक्छुकहरुलाई यसरी आफ्नो पोल्ने धुंवादार शरीर (smoking hot body) देखाईन
is it good to marry girl who are already in US or go back to Nepal and do arrange marriage?
Question on getting advance parole for tps holder.
W2 issue
How to Apply for International Drivers Permit in Nepal?
Nepalese Man Sentenced on Marriage Fraud Charges
थुतुनो र मुतुनो ठिक ठाउँमा भएन भने life damage !!!
Presidential rights to assassination rights?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters