[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by Bakullo
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Getting Married in Nepal
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 07-16-16 1:11 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hello Friends,

I am a US citizen intended to marry in Nepal. Has anyone gone through the process, if yes can you please share the procedures and your experience ? CDP karyalayama gayera marriage garda ramro huncha ki Municipality ma gayera Bihe Darta garda ramro huncha ?
Posted on 07-16-16 1:30 PM     [Snapshot: 25]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Don't forget to get the no objection letter from US Embassay in Kathmandu
Posted on 07-16-16 2:09 PM     [Snapshot: 82]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

@chirpe Mama.... What is "no objection letter?"
Do we have to get this before marriage or after marriage?
Posted on 07-16-16 5:53 PM     [Snapshot: 213]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Last edited: 06-Jan-17 09:22 PM

Posted on 07-17-16 12:25 PM     [Snapshot: 478]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

easy way ...just pay 20000 to 25000 rs outside cdo office, they will do all work for you
otherwise ... you have to go through long process and they will ask for alot of paper work from you and your future wife.
If you are already us citizen, you have to renounce your Nepali citizenship and for that you need your old passport and Nepali citizenship paper and give to to them. Also you have to go through police station and ward office for more paper work. you will get your marriage certificate after 15 days of your application. Just be prepared for lots of headache and running from this office to that office , if you do it from ktm cdo office.

Also you can do it from Municipality but since your are american citizen and want to go through legal process you have to go through cdo office.

suggestion . why don't you apply for fiance visa first and get married here, get green card and go to Nepal and get married again.

Let me know if you have more questions.


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
Returning to Nepal
TPS to GC (PERM-I140-I485) TimeLine
लिङ्ग को आकर कत्रो?
वा अमेरिका !! थू अमेरिका !! दलदल अमेरिका
coding at age of 45
लक्ष्मण गाम्नागे- Best
गुन्द्रुक को झोलाँ.......
Controversial article but worth the read! Himalayan Times
How to get benefits for parents after Greencard
Nepali chef in London shoots for the stars
Why most of the items purchased in Amazon are not authentic?
Insurance for dv lottery winner
Travelling via Europe
Check out HOW TO : workout Videos
TPS officially extended till Jan 4, 2021
need room in Richmond VA
Funny jokes
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters