A fire broke out at Bhotahiti in Kathmandu Thursday evening.
Police said that the fire engulfed a fruit and vegetable market in the congested neighbourhood after a cooking gas at the house of Bhupendra Kojoo exploded following leakage.
The fire that spread in the market at around 8 pm was brought under control after few hours. Five fire-engines and large number of fire fighters, police and army personnel and locals were involved in the effort to douse the fire.
Although no human casualty has been reported, police said an Armed Police Force personnel has been injured while trying to extinguish the fire. He is currently undergoing treatment at Bir Hospital.
Police said they are assessing the damage cause by the fire and will reveal further details of the incident later. Nepalnews.com